> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
- Leftovers - The thought of leftovers may sound bland and boring, but if you are making healthy and delicious recipes at home, they can be just as good the next day. Just make a little extra and pack it away before you even start eating. Stir fries or chili can have their encore during tomorrow’s lunch break, just be sure to pack them in glass or bpa free containers for proper reheating.
Pair your lunch with any of these healthy snacks to get you through the afternoon slump
- Homemade trail mix made with dried fruit, nuts and dark chocolate chips
- Fresh fruit such as bananas, oranges or grapes
- Apple slices with almond butter
- Veggie sticks with hummus, guacamole or salsa
- Nutrition bars (only if they are made with natural ingredients that you recognize such as fruits, nuts and honey)
Don’t fall victim to sad desk lunch syndrome. Use your lunch time to take a break from the computer screen, really enjoy your food and recharge for the afternoon.