NEW ALBANY —
He said household items than can cause real toxic problems for pets include, chocolate, grapes and onions.
And children aren’t at fatal risk if they eat part of a plant, either.
According to www.mayoclinic.com, poinsettias aren’t poisonous to humans. The website says parents should get a child away from a plant if they’re trying to eat it, but the worst it would likely cause is stomachache, vomiting or diarrhea.
However, the website also says people who have latex allergies should be careful because latex and poinsettias share several proteins. If an allergic reaction becomes severe, the website recommends seeking immediate medical attention.