Dine out and help Special Olympics
Those dining out at Texas Roadhouse, 757 Lewis and Clark Blvd., from noon to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 18, can help Special Olympics of Southern Indiana.
Those mentioning the special event will have 10 percent of the cost of their total food purchases donated to the nonprofit organization.
Haven House residents getting coats
On Saturday, Dec. 15, Haven House Services Inc. will be celebrating Christmas with a full day of celebration.
At 11 a.m., the shelter will receive over 75 coats for residents and the area’s poor with lunch being served and donations made. At 3, the second party happens with Clark Memorial Hospital and Beech Mold and Tool. Face painting will be on tap and Beech Mold will bring more than 300 coats and treats for families at the shelter, and nurses from the hospital will bring gifts and food.
For more information, contact Barbara Anderson at 812-697-1609.
TJE examines Christmas worldwide
Third-grade students at Thomas Jefferson Elementary have been researching how the holiday season is celebrated by other countries, as well as various cultural groups.
To complete this unit of study, students will host “Christmas Around the World” from 1 to 2 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 19. Students will display their research findings and present information to their fellow students, parents, and staff members. The event will be held in the school’s gymnasium.
Thomas Jefferson Elementary parents and community members are invited to attend. Thomas Jefferson Elementary is located at 2710 Hamburg Pike in Jeffersonville.
40 & 8 Club hosting open house, dinner
The 40 & 8 Club will sponsor an open house and ham and chicken dinner from noon to 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 16, at the clubhouse, 221 Albany St., New Albany.
The price for the ham or chicken dinner with mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, slaw and dessert, is $6.
‘Make it-Take it’ at library
The New Albany-Floyd County Public Library will host a Christmas craft fair from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Monday, Dec. 17, on the lower level of the library.
There will be classes in the auditorium, small meeting room and staff lounge. Participants will need to register for the “Make it-Take it” events which are wine glass lamps and gifts in a jar.
To register or for more information, call the Reference Services Desk at 812-949-3523.
- Recent Local News
- Officials, business leaders meet to discuss Vision 2025 plan
- WORLDLY ENDEAVOR: Wilson Elementary students learn about holidays around the globe
- Southern Indiana slides by with only minor problems
- State lawmakers unlikely to consider casino aid
- CARDS FOREVER: Bryan Berg builds Louisville Skyline from playing cards
- THE EXTRA MILER: Stepping Up to Community Needs
- Jeffersonville soccer complex work continues ahead of schedule
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For Dec. 7-8
- Multiple closures expected for bridge-related work
- Police: Man attempts robbery, fights Jeffersonville officer
- Winter storm causing driving nightmares
- Area event cancellations
- Wish Book: It takes them all
- Grab a cookie, take a stroll in Jeffersonville
- The Man With Many Chances
- More Recent Local News Headlines