Dine out and help Special Olympics
Those dining out at Texas Roadhouse, 757 Lewis and Clark Blvd., from noon to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 18, can help Special Olympics of Southern Indiana.
Those mentioning the special event will have 10 percent of the cost of their total food purchases donated to the nonprofit organization.
Haven House residents getting coats
On Saturday, Dec. 15, Haven House Services Inc. will be celebrating Christmas with a full day of celebration.
At 11 a.m., the shelter will receive over 75 coats for residents and the area’s poor with lunch being served and donations made. At 3, the second party happens with Clark Memorial Hospital and Beech Mold and Tool. Face painting will be on tap and Beech Mold will bring more than 300 coats and treats for families at the shelter, and nurses from the hospital will bring gifts and food.
For more information, contact Barbara Anderson at 812-697-1609.
TJE examines Christmas worldwide
Third-grade students at Thomas Jefferson Elementary have been researching how the holiday season is celebrated by other countries, as well as various cultural groups.
To complete this unit of study, students will host “Christmas Around the World” from 1 to 2 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 19. Students will display their research findings and present information to their fellow students, parents, and staff members. The event will be held in the school’s gymnasium.
Thomas Jefferson Elementary parents and community members are invited to attend. Thomas Jefferson Elementary is located at 2710 Hamburg Pike in Jeffersonville.
40 & 8 Club hosting open house, dinner
The 40 & 8 Club will sponsor an open house and ham and chicken dinner from noon to 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 16, at the clubhouse, 221 Albany St., New Albany.
The price for the ham or chicken dinner with mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, slaw and dessert, is $6.
‘Make it-Take it’ at library
The New Albany-Floyd County Public Library will host a Christmas craft fair from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Monday, Dec. 17, on the lower level of the library.
There will be classes in the auditorium, small meeting room and staff lounge. Participants will need to register for the “Make it-Take it” events which are wine glass lamps and gifts in a jar.
To register or for more information, call the Reference Services Desk at 812-949-3523.
- Recent Local News
- HEY, BIG BROTHER: Group’s job is to ‘root out’ public corruption
- Gov. Pence signs military relief fund changes into law
- New lawsuit challenges Indiana gay marriage ban
- 3 P.M. UPDATE: Man freed from underneath truck after accident in Jeffersonville
- SoIn is out: Learn about Arts Bridge connecting Southern Indiana artists, & more
- Parting of the Pylons
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For March 13
- Clarksville parks to receive $5k grant
- Clark commission gives go-ahead to Borden plan
- UPDATE: IU Southeast names new chancellor
- East-end bridge work to close Jeffersonville roads
- Jeffersonville awaits federal permits to begin marina project
- 1si announces business awards winners
- Get ready to ‘Bang Your Head’ at Rustic Frog
- AP's 10 things to know today
- More Recent Local News Headlines