CLARKSVILLE — Clarksville firefighters cut a hole in the roof while battling a fire in a third-floor apartment at Westminster Village, 2200 Greentree North, in Clarksville Monday night. The fire broke out in an upstairs apartment around 7:15 p.m. Residents had to be evacuated from the building and some were rescued from an elevator. There did not appear to be any serious injuries at the scene. Several residents were sitting in the side yard of the senior living facility wrapped in blankets. The resident of the apartment was not injured. Jeffersonville’s Fire Department was also called to the scene. Firefighters were still at the scene as of press time.
- Recent Local News
- The Man With Many Chances
- A life taken too soon
VIDEO: Richard Hooten's murder confession press conference
Watch the video of Richard Hooten confessing to the rape and murder of his neighbor, Tara Willenborg, who was 17. Hooten faces a capital murder trial in August.
- Area event cancellations
- Wish Book: It takes them all
- Grab a cookie, take a stroll in Jeffersonville
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For Dec. 6
- Christmas candlelight tours coming to John Work House in Charlestown
Jeffersonville Holiday Homes Tour Dec. 7
Jeff-Clark Preservation will be returning to their holiday homes tour this Saturday after a several year hiatus.
- I'M HERE! Winter marks arrival in Southern Indiana
- Pence unveils legislative agenda
- Plea filed in child sex crime case
- Clark commissioners eliminate employee program
- Report of gun leads to IU Southeast lockdown
- Local authors to gather for book signing in New Albany
- More Recent Local News Headlines