CLARKSVILLE — Clarksville firefighters cut a hole in the roof while battling a fire in a third-floor apartment at Westminster Village, 2200 Greentree North, in Clarksville Monday night. The fire broke out in an upstairs apartment around 7:15 p.m. Residents had to be evacuated from the building and some were rescued from an elevator. There did not appear to be any serious injuries at the scene. Several residents were sitting in the side yard of the senior living facility wrapped in blankets. The resident of the apartment was not injured. Jeffersonville’s Fire Department was also called to the scene. Firefighters were still at the scene as of press time.
- Recent Local News
- Familiar faces in Democratic primary for Clark County clerk’s race
- SUGAR RUSH: Schimpff's delights those in search of Easter candy
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For April 19-20
- Board member asks for old Indiana school standards
- REMEMBERING HIM: Good Friday services held in Southern Indiana
- Local Lilly Scholars named
- East-end bridge work to cause traffic delays
- Fire burns garage of Jeffersonville apartment
- AP's 10 things to know today
- 2 Indianapolis officers dead in murder-suicide
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For April 18
New Albany City Council weighing options for fire truck purchase
The city has the cash on hand, but may choose to finance the purchase of a new ladder truck for the New Albany Fire Department.
With all members voting in favor, the New Albany City Council moved forward with a $2.25 million appropriation on Thursday for paving, the purchase of a salt truck for the New Albany Street Department and the fire truck.
Improvements approved for Clarksville High
A $2 million bond issuance to repair the auditorium and fine arts wing at Clarksville High School was initiated at a series of board meetings this week.
- Motorcycle Involved In Collission
- Gibson takes plea in Hodella murder
- More Recent Local News Headlines