NEWS AND TRIBUNE
JEFFERSONVILLE — Greater Clark County Schools will offer kindergarten during the 2013-14 school year at no cost to parents/guardians (does not apply to textbook rental fee). Greater Clark County Schools will host Camp Kindergarten at all 12 elementary schools Thursday, April 11, to prepare families for starting school.
Camp Kindergarten is a fun and informative way for students and their parents to get a jump start on preparations for entering kindergarten in August. Registration for Camp Kindergarten is encouraged.
The main goal of the program is to provide parents with information about the skills and knowledge that are most important for children as they first enter school. School staff members will provide parents with ideas about what they can do during the summer months to help their child develop or improve on these skills and knowledge to ensure their child has a successful start to their school career. Special activities will be provided for the children such as a tour of the school building, story time and creating an art project, according to a press release.
Below is a list of the district’s elementary schools and their Camp Kindergarten time. Registration for Camp Kindergarten is encouraged. Below are the elementary schools, times and contact information.
• Bridgepoint, 420 Ewing Lane, Jeffersonville, 6 p.m.; 812-288-4858
• Jonathan Jennings, 603 Market St., Charlestown, 6:30 p.m.; 812-256-7284
• Maple, 429 Division St., Jeffersonville, 10 a.m.; 812-288-4860
• New Washington, 224 Poplar St., New Washington, 6 p.m.; 812-293-3331
• Northaven, 1907 Oak Ridge Drive, Jeffersonville, 9:30 a.m.; 812-288-4865
• Parkwood, 748 Spicewood Drive, Clarksville, 9:30 a.m.; 812-945-2387
• Pleasant Ridge, 1250 Monroe St., Charlestown, 6 p.m.; 812-256-7286
• Riverside, 17 Laurel Drive, 6 p.m.; 812-288-4868
• Spring Hill, 201 E. 15th St., Jeffersonville, 10 a.m.; 812-288-4874
• Thomas Jefferson, 2710 Hamburg Pike, 6 p.m.; 812-288-4855
• Utica, 210 Maplehurst Drive, Jeffersonville, 5:30 p.m.; 812-288-4878
• Wilson, 2915 Charlestown Pike, 6 p.m.; 812-288-4888