JEFFERSONVILLE — Parkwood Elementary School students splash around at the Jeffersonville Aquatic Center on Thursday morning. The entire student body from the school were rewarded with a day at the center for clocking the most steps, using pedometers, in the Greater Clark County Schools Fitness Challenge. This is the third year in a row that Parkwood has placed first in the challenge, although this year they tied with Bridgepoint Elementary School. See attached photos by Christopher Fryer.
- Recent Local News
- Floyd council president: Hospital sale could net county millions
- David Camm to speak at Indiana State
- Familiar faces in Democratic primary for Clark County clerk’s race
- SUGAR RUSH: Schimpff's delights those in search of Easter candy
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For April 19-20
- Board member asks for old Indiana school standards
- REMEMBERING HIM: Good Friday services held in Southern Indiana
- Local Lilly Scholars named
- East-end bridge work to cause traffic delays
- Fire burns garage of Jeffersonville apartment
- AP's 10 things to know today
- 2 Indianapolis officers dead in murder-suicide
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For April 18
New Albany City Council weighing options for fire truck purchase
The city has the cash on hand, but may choose to finance the purchase of a new ladder truck for the New Albany Fire Department.
With all members voting in favor, the New Albany City Council moved forward with a $2.25 million appropriation on Thursday for paving, the purchase of a salt truck for the New Albany Street Department and the fire truck.
Improvements approved for Clarksville High
A $2 million bond issuance to repair the auditorium and fine arts wing at Clarksville High School was initiated at a series of board meetings this week.
- More Recent Local News Headlines