Kennedy Bridge lane to close
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet announced closures on the Interstate 65 Kennedy Bridge due to scheduled repairs.
The southbound right lane on the bridge will be closed from 8 p.m. Sunday, May 6, until 8 p.m. Friday, May 11. As part of the work, the entrance ramp from Court Avenue in Jeffersonville to southbound Interstate 65 will be closed.
Cancer society looking for help
The American Cancer Society is looking for volunteers for its Road to Recovery program.
ACS is in desperate need of volunteers who can drive cancer patients to and from their treatments, ensuring patients are getting the care they need.
Volunteers can drive as little or as much as their schedule allows during the regular work week as long as they have a good driving record, a valid driver’s license, insurance and a reliable vehicle.
Please contact Paige Vollmer at 560-6035 or email@example.com to receive additional information.
School board to meet next week
Clarksville Community School Corp.’s board of school trustees meeting will be at 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, May 8, at Clarksville Middle School, 101 Ettel Lane, Clarksville.
Learn more about couponing
Couponing for beginners will be held from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 12, at the Ken Ellis Center, 1425 Pennsylvania Ave., Jeffersonville, sponsored by the Jeffersonville Parks Department. The cost is $10 per person and preregistration is required.
Learn how to organize your coupons and how, when, and where to get the best deals. Participants should bring a three-ring binder with baseball card style plastic sleeve organizers and plastic tabs. Some coupons to get you started, will be provided. For more information, call 503-639-3293. Register at the parks office or Ken Ellis center.
Road to close Wednesday
The 3900 block of Scottsville Road in Floyd County will be closed from 9 a.m. To 2 p.m. Wednesday, May 9 for replacement of drainage tiles.
Mother’s Day luncheon set
The United Methodist Men of Centenary United Methodist Church, 309 E. Spring St., New Albany, will sponsor a Mother’s Day luncheon at noon Friday, May 11, at the church.
Lunch will be catered by Ribs for Kids and a free will offering will be received. Reservations are needed by May 9. Call 812-944-7696 for more information.
FMH Birthing Center offering classes
Floyd Memorial Hospital and Health Service’s Birthing Center is offering special classes to educate new mothers and their families. Breastfeeding, sibling and baby-savers classes will help families adjust to their new addition.
The free breastfeeding class will be from 6:30 to 9 p.m. on Thursday, May 10.
Sibling class will be from 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday, May 19, for soon-to-be brothers and sisters ages 3-11 and their parents.
Babysavers class will be from 6:30 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, May 17. The class will teach infant CPR to new parents and caregivers.
The cost is $10 for materials. All three classes will be held in the Paris Health Education Center located inside the hospital at 1850 State St. in New Albany.
Mother-daughter dinner on tap
Grant Line United Methodist Church, 4810 Grant Line Road, New Albany, will be celebrating its annual mother and daughter salad dinner at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, May 10, at the church.
There will be fun and games and lots of salads. All ladies are welcome to come and join the fun. Call Connie at 502-523-9846 or Georgie 812-252-0015 for reservations.
Swim lessons offered
Riverside Swim School, an affiliate of Riverside Aquatic Club is offering swim lessons at Highland Hills Middle School. All sessions are $75 per session for eight lessons. Classes are offered in the mornings and evenings. The minimum age is 4.
There will be two sessions in June and one in July. Sign-ups will be from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday, May 12, at Highland Hills, 3492 Edwardsville Galena Road, Georgetown. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Recent Local News
- Saying goodbye...sort of: After 46 years, Heideman retiring from Floyd Memorial Hospital
- Ellspermann cuts ribbon on North Vernon Bypass in Jennings County
- Murder charge filed after nephew shot by uncle in Jeffersonville home dies from injuries
- Jeffersonville homelessness task force drafting a plan
- Accused child molester in Jeffersonville case commits suicide
- Tipsy dump truck causes traffic tie-up in Clark County
- Wreck closes I-64 in Floyd County for several hours
- New Albany Bicentennial — The city’s library
- Gov. Pence's education outline for Indiana unveiled in Corydon
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For Nov. 11
- NEW ERA: New Tech construction begins in Clarksville
- Silver Street in New Albany to close for drainage improvements
- Separate arrests made overnight by Indiana State Police
- Community rises up to help New Albany restaurant lost in fire
- 'I would love it if it was every day': YMCA branches receive grant for after-school programs
- More Recent Local News Headlines