NEWS AND TRIBUNE
LOUISVILLE — The following closures and lane restrictions are expected next week in connection with construction on the Downtown Crossing:
Work scheduled to begin Wednesday, August 7:
• One lane of the Jefferson Street exit ramp from I-65 South is scheduled to be closed overnight Wednesday and Thursday (August 7-8) for work on temporary lighting. It will reopen by 5 a.m.
Work scheduled to begin Thursday, August 8:
• The right lane of I-64 East from 9th Street to Witherspoon Street is scheduled to close overnight next Thursday and Friday (August 8-9) for demolition work. It will reopen by 5 a.m. both days.
• Witherspoon Street is expected to be closed during the day next Tuesday-Friday (August 6-9) from Preston Street to Clay Street for demolition work. It will close around 6 a.m. each day and reopen by 5 p.m.
• The right lane of Jackson Street is expected to be closed next Monday-Friday (August 5-9) from Market Street to Main Street for paving work.
• The left lane of U.S. 31 South is closed from under the Brown Station Way overpass and ending just north of Stansifer Avenue. The closure will continue for the next few weeks as crews construct temporary pavement in the area.
The actual starting date and duration for the work may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen activities occur. Also, given the aggressive overall construction schedule for the project, Walsh DBT may shift work schedules when opportunities arise. Find all of the latest traffic information at kyinbridges.com