Republican Women’s Club to meet
The Floyd County Republican Women’s Club meeting will be at 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 6, in the party room at Tucker’s American Favorites, 2441 State St., New Albany.
The club will be hosting a Lia Sophia Jewelry Party to raise funds for the upcoming election year. Refreshments will be served. To make reservations, call 812-944-9823 or 812-987-8354.
FMH Auxiliary hosting shirt sale
The Floyd Memorial Hospital Auxiliary is sponsoring a shirt set sale from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 5, in Floyd Memorial Hospital and Health Services, 1850 State St., New Albany, in classroom 4.
Kids, women and mens apparel will be available.
Eat chicken, raise some funds
St. Joe Hill Catholic Church, 2605 St. Joe Road West, Sellersburg, is hosting a “chicken-to-go” fundraiser from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 2, at the church. The carry-out dinner includes the popular St. Joe Hill fried chicken, french fries, baked beans, and famous SJH slaw. White meat dinners are $8; dark meat dinners are $7.
For larger chicken orders, call prior to Sunday at 812-246-2512.
Anime Club meeting Monday
The Anime Club is hosting an event at the Sellersburg Library, 430 N. Indiana Ave., Sellersburg. Anime fans can join the club to watch an episode (or two) and discuss anime and manga at the Sellersburg Library.
This program will be at 5 p.m., Monday, Feb. 3, and again Tuesday, Feb. 18, at 5 p.m. This program is open to youth 13-18. Registration is required. Call the library at 812-246-4493.
Spring storyhour programs set
The Charlestown-Clark County Public Library announced its Spring Storyhour Programs. Book Babies (ages 0-16 months) Tot-Time (ages 17-35 months) and Storyhour (ages 3-5 years) will begin Monday, Feb. 3. Register for these programs now by calling 812-256-3337 or by visiting www.clarkco.lib.in.us/youth/youthservices.htm
• Book Babies — Mondays,11:30 to noon, Sellersburg Library
• Tot-Time — Tuesday, 10 to 10:30 a.m., Charlestown Library; Thursdays, 10 to 10:30 and 11 to 11:30, Sellersburg library.
• Storyhour — 1 to 2 p.m. Mondays, New Washington Library; 1 to 2 p.m. Tuesday, Henryville Library; 10 to 11 a.m. Wednesdays, Charlestown Library; 1 to 2 p.m. Thursdays, Sellersburg Library; 10 to 11 a.m. Fridays, Borden Library; 1 to 2 p.m. Sellersburg library.
CPD looking for reserve officers
The Charlestown Police Department is accepting applications for Reserve Police Officers.
Applications can be obtained seven days a week at CPD, 701 W. Main St. Interested applicants must be at least 20 years of age to apply, must possess a high school diploma or equivalent and reside in Clark, Scott, Floyd, Jefferson or Washington counties in Indiana.
Applicants must also have no felony convictions or convictions for offenses involving moral turpitude, must be in good physical condition and able to pass the physical examination and fitness evaluation set forth by the Police Pension Board and the Indiana Law Enforcement Training Board. They must also possess a valid Indiana Driver’s License.
The application deadline for the next reserve process is at noon Feb. 10. Any questions regarding the application process can be directed to Maj. Jason Broady, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recent Local News
- Clark County Council, court make a deal
- Sight lines at school entrance to improve: NA-FC schools purchases property near Georgetown Elementary
- Georgetown couple charged with dealing meth, neglecting children
- Changed wording delays debate on right to hunt, fish in Indiana
- New Albany Urban Enterprise Zone files response to lawsuit by former director
- Child services hotline adds regional sites
- AP's 10 things to know today
- Indiana road funding bill nears final vote
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For March 10
- New Albany High School first to use einstein Tablets+
- Leaders give voice to suicide prevention in Clark County
- Union files safety complaint against MAC on New Albany project
- PEACE IN THE GARDEN: Memorial planted in honor of slain Clarksville teenager
- Legislation extending ‘lifeline’ law headed to governor
Speakers for Pearls of Wisdom program announced
One Southern Indiana (1si) has announced the program lineup for its popular Pearls of Wisdom program which kicks off March 19.
- More Recent Local News Headlines