Sara Schutz, director of special events and RiverStage for Jeffersonville's Parks Department, helps the Easter bunny give out egg hunting tips in Vissing Park on Thursday afternoon in Jeffersonville. There will be a flashlight Easter egg hunt at the park on Saturday night, where 5,000 eggs will be hidden. See accompanying photo.
- Recent Local News
- New Albany Farmers Market on the move?
- Two years later, New Albany lawyer, judge candidate pays court fine on alcohol charge
- Leapin' Leprechauns
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For March 12
- State rejects Floyd County appropriations for January, February
- NA-FC stands to lose $1.3 million in state education-related tax caps measure
- Sidewalks, trees being removed along Main Street in New Albany
VIDEO: Family rescued from ferocious feline
A family in Portland, Ore., called 911 after their pet cat scratched their son and "went over the edge," forcing them to take refuge in a bedroom.
In this tech age, how can a plane go missing?
Call 911 from the side of the road, and GPS satellites can tell dispatchers exactly where to send help. Airline passengers have access to detailed maps that show exactly where they are during their journey. Hop onto WiFi, and somehow Google knows whether you're logging on from Lima or London, and will give you detailed suggestions about what to eat.
- AP's 10 things to know today
- Plan would help pay loans for some Indiana teachers
- Sellersburg sets common wage rate for water plant project
- BEAM: Oh, you make me smile — the battle against trisomy 18
- Planting Pansies
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For March 11
- More Recent Local News Headlines