NEW ALBANY — The New Albany-Floyd County Public Library is hosting Mother Goose on the Loose through Dec. 10, where participants share rhymes, songs, stories and music in an interactive program designed to develop early literacy and social skills in a relaxed, fun atmosphere. The music, story and activities program on Monday was led by Children's Librarian Amanda Harris, Jeffersonville, for children two and under. The program runs through December 10 and is held at 4 p.m. on Mondays and 10 a.m. on Tuesdays. For more information, visit the library's website at www.nafclibrary.org. See related photo.
Program emphasizes literacy, social skills
- Recent Local News
- NA-FC looks to lose $1.3 million in state education-related tax caps measure
- Sidewalks, trees being removed along Main Street in New Albany
VIDEO: Family rescued from ferocious feline
A family in Portland, Ore., called 911 after their pet cat scratched their son and "went over the edge," forcing them to take refuge in a bedroom.
In this tech age, how can a plane go missing?
Call 911 from the side of the road, and GPS satellites can tell dispatchers exactly where to send help. Airline passengers have access to detailed maps that show exactly where they are during their journey. Hop onto WiFi, and somehow Google knows whether you're logging on from Lima or London, and will give you detailed suggestions about what to eat.
- AP's 10 things to know today
- Plan would help pay loans for some Indiana teachers
- Sellersburg sets common wage rate for water plant project
- BEAM: Oh, you make me smile — the battle against trisomy 18
- Planting Pansies
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For March 11
- Clark County Council, court make a deal
- Sight lines at school entrance to improve: NA-FC schools purchases property near Georgetown Elementary
- Georgetown couple charged with dealing meth, neglecting children
- Changed wording delays debate on right to hunt, fish in Indiana
- New Albany Urban Enterprise Zone files response to lawsuit by former director
- More Recent Local News Headlines