NEW ALBANY —
Twenty individuals or businesses have been selected as finalists for One Southern Indiana’s 24th annual Business Awards Dinner, to be from 6 to 9 p.m. May 22 at Huber Winery’s Plantation Hall in Borden.
More than 400 guests are expected to attend the event, which is open to the public and will feature live entertainment, networking, hors d’oeuvres, Huber wine tastings, an elaborate dinner and a full production awards program.
Individual reservations for 1si members are $60 each, and a table of eight is $400; guests will pay $85 each. Reservations may be made on the website at www.1si.org or by calling 1si at 812-945-0266.
Representing the best of the best in business, these finalists have worked hard to be the most successful entrepreneurs and business professionals in Southern Indiana and the Louisville Metro Area, according to Melanie Douglas, 1si’s director of business services.
“The local economy has benefited greatly from their innovative thinking as well as their ongoing civic contributions,” she said.
The finalists were chosen from an independent panel of judges based on criteria of business history, community involvement, response to adversity, newly created opportunities and innovation in products or services. All nominees and finalists will be featured in a professional video produced by UnderProduction Multi-Media and receive the “star” treatment, including live red carpet interviews, according to a press release.
This year’s finalists are:
• River Valley Financial Bank Business of the Year Award (less than 25 employees) — Denzinger Family Dentistry, Hawkeye Security & Electronics, and One Vision Federal Credit Union.
• True Colors Tanning Business of the Year Award (more than 25 employees) — Goodwill of Southern Indiana, Talon Logistics and Rivera Consulting Group.
• L&D Mail Masters Rising Star Award (businesses up to 5 years old) — Pallas Partners; Applegate, Fifer, Pulliam, LLC; and Charcoal & More
• Sam Day, Kightlinger & Gray Professional of the Year Award — Jerry Finn, The Horseshoe Foundation of Floyd County; Larry Myers, First Savings Bank; and Lisa Brooking, True Colors Tanning.
• Kevin Hammersmith Duke Energy Community Leader of the Year Award — Vern Eswine, The Marketing Company; Karen Finlinson, Park Community Federal Credit Union; and Dr. Larry Mand.
• Axiom Financial Strategies of Wells Fargo Advisors, LLC Partnership Spirit Award — Earthwell Energy Alliance and International Center for Long Term Care Innovation.
• Stites and Harbison, PLLC Economic Impact Project Award — The Rivera Group, Olon Industries, and Revere Plastics