Fall planting on tap
Southern Indiana Botanical Society will sponsor a fall planting at Mount Saint Francis at 9 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 26.
The group is redesigning and replanting the Entrance Garden adjacent to the parking area at Mount St. Francis. Volunteers are needed to help remove existing plans and plant the new ones.
Bring yourself and your garden tools and meet in the parking area on your left as you come into the Mount.
The event will be rescheduled if raining. Call 502-435-5200 for details.
St. Mary’s indoor yard sale
St. Mary Catholic Church, Eighth and Spring streets, New Albany, will host an indoor yard and bake sale from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Oct. 25-26, in the parish gymnasium and cafeteria. There are a variety of items to choose from and lunch, including homemade chicken and dumplings, will be served each day.
For more information contact the parish office at 812-944-0417.
Eat flapjacks, raise funds
Christian Academy of Indiana will be hosting a flapjack fundraiser from 7:30 to 10 a.m., Saturday, Oct. 26, at 3030 Grant Line Road, New Albany.
Proceeds raised will go toward the annual senior trip. Tickets are $7 and can be purchased at the door or by calling 812-944-6200.
- Recent Local News
- Fundraiser at El Camino tonight to benefit Sam's Food & Spirits' employees
- UPDATE: Five students hospitalized after Greater Clark bus accident
- Serious accident closes I-64 in Harrison County
- EVERYONE LOVES A PARADE: Charlestown delights in holiday celebrations
- Forecastle Festival offers specially-priced passes
- New Albany street study due for January vote
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For Dec. 12
- Saying goodbye...sort of: After 46 years, Heideman retiring from Floyd Memorial Hospital
- Ellspermann cuts ribbon on North Vernon Bypass in Jennings County
- Murder charge filed after nephew shot by uncle in Jeffersonville home dies from injuries
- Jeffersonville homelessness task force drafting a plan
- Accused child molester in Jeffersonville case commits suicide
- Tipsy dump truck causes traffic tie-up in Clark County
- Wreck closes I-64 in Floyd County for several hours
- New Albany Bicentennial — The city’s library
- More Recent Local News Headlines