Dance, festival on the way
St. John the Baptist Catholic Church will host its annual street dance Friday, May 17. Adults 21 and over can enjoy the sounds of Endless Summer Band from 8 p.m. to midnight. Admission is $10 in advance or $13 for an individual ticket/$25 for a couple at the gate.
Call 812-923-5785 for advance tickets. The church’s Strawberry Festival will follow May 25. Look for a preview of the festival this weekend in the News and Tribune.
New residents’ group to meet
New Friends and Neighbors of Southern Indiana will meet at 6 p.m., May 28, at Stranz and Threadz, 322 Vincennes St., New Albany.
This will be a catered dinner meeting at $18 each person. Paid reservation must be received by Saturday, May 18. A scarf and accessory demonstration will be in the program.
Call Carolyn Ledford for information at 812-949-6021.
Adult summer reading kickoff
The kick-off for the Adult Summer Reading Challenge at the New Albany-Floyd County Public Library begins at 3:30 p.m. Friday, May 17.
There will be music, food, and door prizes on the patio at the front entrance. Participants will learn about the program and be able to sign up for the Adult Summer Reading Challenge. Prizes can be earned for reading.
For more information call the Reference Services Desk at 812-949-3523.
First Church hosting health fair
The First Church of God, 2248 Charlestown Road, New Albany, will host a free health and wellness fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, May 18. There will be health information and screenings available to participants.
Also, beginning at 8 a.m. that day, the church will host its annual yard and bake sale. Loaves of bread and homemade candy, cookies, pies and cakes will be available for purchase. For more information call the church at 812-945-2361.
Art show on the way
The Jeffersonville High School AP Student Art Show artist reception will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, May 17, and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, May 18, at Old Bales Auto Lot, 723 Spring St., Jeffersonville.
Tea Party meeting Thursday
The Clark County Tea Party invites the public to the group’s next meeting from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursday, May 16, at Silver Creek Middle School, 495 N. Indiana Ave., Sellersburg.
For more information, please e-mail the group firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recent Local News
- Clark County Council, court make a deal
- Sight lines at school entrance to improve: NA-FC schools purchases property near Georgetown Elementary
- Georgetown couple charged with dealing meth, neglecting children
- Changed wording delays debate on right to hunt, fish in Indiana
- New Albany Urban Enterprise Zone files response to lawsuit by former director
- Child services hotline adds regional sites
- AP's 10 things to know today
- Indiana road funding bill nears final vote
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For March 10
- New Albany High School first to use einstein Tablets+
- Leaders give voice to suicide prevention in Clark County
- Union files safety complaint against MAC on New Albany project
- PEACE IN THE GARDEN: Memorial planted in honor of slain Clarksville teenager
- Legislation extending ‘lifeline’ law headed to governor
Speakers for Pearls of Wisdom program announced
One Southern Indiana (1si) has announced the program lineup for its popular Pearls of Wisdom program which kicks off March 19.
- More Recent Local News Headlines