> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
JEFFERSONVILLE — Indiana American Water this week began flushing water mains in the company’s Clarksville, Jeffersonville and New Albany service areas from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and will continue the program through Aug. 29, 2014.
The company conducts the annual maintenance program to assure high-quality water service and to ensure fire hydrants are operational, according to a press release from Indiana American.
“Water main and fire hydrant flushing is an important part of a regular maintenance program for water distribution systems. Indiana American Water consistently meets or exceeds all drinking water standards,” said Wynn Wright, Southern Indiana Operations Superintendent.
No interruptions in water service are anticipated as a result of the work. Customers may experience a slight drop in water pressure or temporary water discoloration while this program is underway. Customers should refrain from doing laundry during the time of day the flushing program is taking place in or near their neighborhood.
If tap water is discolored, Indiana American Water recommends allowing several cold-water faucets to run for a short time until the water runs clear. Using more than one faucet allows the water to clear more quickly.
Customers who have questions regarding hydrant flushing may call our Customer Service Center at 1-800-492-8373.
The water main flushing will be performed by Indiana American Water crews. They will be working out of trucks identified with the company logo. All employees will also have photo ID badges.
Affects company’s Clarksville, Jeffersonville and New Albany service areas
> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
- Recent Local News
- Completion date set for Big Four Station in Jeffersonville
- A little vision goes a long way: Renaissance Academy shows students how ideas transform buildings, methods
- Four-day Gibson hearing reaches end; father of victim speaks out
- Clark County detectives investigating inmate’s death
- Bicentennial Park shows announced for August in downtown New Albany
- DNR detail nets arrests at Clark State Forestry
- Aquatic center work in New Albany scheduled for Monday
- The August Fitness Source magazine is out: Read all about kids' fitness and nutrition
- AT THE DRIVE-IN: Read about how the Georgetown Drive-In mixes nostalgia, technology in today's SoIn
- State rests, closing arguments to begin in Gibson sentencing hearing
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For July 31
Indy Bound: Crowd gathers to send off New Albany Little Leaguers
New Albany 11-12 All Stars heading to Great Lake Regional Tournament
- JAIL ACTIVITY — For Thursday, July 31
- Clark County sheriff’s department lays down the law on commenting policy
- Man convicted of Utah killing now in Clark County jail
- More Recent Local News Headlines