Women voters holding meeting
The South Central Indiana League of Women Voters will hold a meeting at 7 p.m. Monday, June 24 at Preservation Station located at 100 Preservation Place in Jeffersonville.
The South Central Indiana League of Women Voters was organized in July 2010 as a nonpartisan organization focusing on voter awareness by educating on public policy. Its goal is to play an active role in conversation about public policy and voting laws for Clark, Floyd and Harrison counties. New members are gladly accepted at any time.
For more information, contact Teresa Perkins at 502-594-2301.
Historical society meeting scheduled
The Floyd County Historical Society will hold its monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 25, with a program titled “Show and Tell: Bring your New Albany memorabilia from past New Albany celebrations.”
Everyone in attendance will be allowed to speak about their items. The event is free and open to the public, and will be held in the Elsa Strassweg Auditorium of the New Albany-Floyd County Public Library.
VBS begins Sunday
First Southern Baptist Church, 215 Ettels Lane, Clarksville, will sponsor vacation Bible school from 6:30 to 8:45 p.m. nightly, June 23-28, at the church. Classes will be available for all ages.
Children 2 years old and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian attending the adult VBS class.
Knee, hip pain seminar set
Clark Memorial Hospital Center for Orthopedics and Spine will host a free education seminar on osteoarthritis and knee and hip pain from noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday, June 25, in the Conference Center at Clark Memorial Hospital, 1220 Missouri Ave., Jeffersonville.
Dr. Patrick Bauer, board certified orthopedic surgeon, will lead the seminar and answer questions about knee and hip pain, as well as treatment options. He will focus on the causes of knee and hip pain, how to get a good diagnosis and discuss conservative and surgical treatment options. Additional information will be available on the Fast Track Joint Replacement program at Clark Memorial.
Online registration for the free seminar is available on the hospital’s website at clarkmemorial.org/seminars-events/ or by calling 812-283-2926.
Walnut Ridge church holding VBS
Walnut Ridge Baptist Church, 2118 Hamburg Pike, Jeffersonville, will sponsor Vacation Bible School, 6:30 to 9 p.m. nightly, June 23 through June 27, at the church.
Children ages three to fifth grade are invited to attend.
- Recent Local News
- Wish Book: Learning to smile
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For Dec. 5
- Shotgun shift in New Albany: circa-1890 shotgun-style house moved for restoration
- More road closures scheduled near Ind. 62 in Jeffersonville
- Greater Clark Schools readying wellness clinic
- Man dies in wreck on Clark Memorial Bridge
- 6 P.M. UPDATE: Winter storm warning issued for area
- Floyd County wreck sends driver to hospital
- Wish Book: Generations of love
- Burgers + Beer + open in Jeffersonville
- New Albany Bicentennial — Fuzzy Zoeller
- Cops for Kids
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For Dec. 4
- Residents fight proposed zoning change near Highlander Point
- State’s first liquefied natural gas station opens in Sellersburg
- More Recent Local News Headlines