NEW ALBANY — Five New Albany businesses participated in the Harvest Homecoming window painting with 63 school children from Clark and Floyd counties Friday. See related photos.
Here's a glance at other Harvest Homecoming events:
The Harvest Homecoming parade will begin at noon today, Oct. 6, and New Albany native and actor Josh Dallas will serve as grand marshal this year. The parade will leave New Albany High School, go south on Vincennes Street to Spring, proceed down Spring before ending at Bank Street. Prior to the parade at 11:30 a.m., the official opening ceremonies will take place at Seventh and Spring streets. The band 64 West will begin play at 10:30 a.m., prior to the opening ceremonies.
Temperatures are expected to be in the 50s during the parade with a chance of showers.
• On Sunday, the Indiana University Southeast Fall Festival will be held from 4 to 8 p.m. There will be pumpkin decorating and midway games for the kids, and performances by student and community groups.
• Also on Sunday, the David Broadus Memorial Motorcycle Ride will leave the New Albany Amphitheater at 11 a.m. Registration for the ride will begin at 10 a.m. The ride stops at Corydon for lunch and will eventually end at IU Southeast in time for the fall festival.
• The Harvest Homecoming Idol open auditions will begin at 2:30 p.m. at Jimmy’s Music Center, 123 E. Market St. The contest is for anyone 16 to 30 years old and entry fee is $15.
• Fiesta Rides will also be up and running from 1 to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Ride all day for $15. The rides are located at the end of Pearl Street next to the floodwall.
• Booth days will be Oct. 11-14 in downtown New Albany.
• Visit harvesthomecoming.com for more information.