CLARKSVILLE — World War II veteran John Denney, 90, received replacements of his service medals Friday morning at the Clarksville Library. Denney earned the Purple Heart, the Good Conduct Medal, the WWII Victory Medal and European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign medal. Denney lives in Charlestown. See related photo.
- Recent Local News
- UPDATE: Read federal indictment of Clark County Sheriff Danny Rodden
GIBSON SENTENCING HEARING: Sister, ex-wife say Gibson struggled with alcoholism
The second day of the sentencing hearing for three-time convicted murderer William Clyde Gibson began Tuesday with his defense calling its first witness.
- Agency seeking comment from Clark, Floyd residents on transportation plan
Under the Dome
Green Valley Elementary School benefits before start of classes.
- JAIL ACTIVITY — For Tuesday, July 29
- From student to director: Amy Harpenau takes over New Albany theater program
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For July 29
- Colston Park plan in Jeffersonville irks residents
- Jeffersonville marina project starting to move forward
- Great start for school: New Albany-Floyd County schools teachers get a boost from foundation
- Crew busy strengthening New Albany's line of flood defense
VIDEO: William Clyde Gibson Sentencing Hearing
Floyd County Prosecutor Keith Henderson talks to area media during the sentencing hearing of New Albany convicted serial killer William Clyde Gibson.
- Indiana teachers worry about revamped ISTEP test
- Police: Southern Indiana man tried to sell two children for $7,500
- Some Edwardsville Water customers under boil water advisory
- More Recent Local News Headlines