Famous turtle soup lunch set
Floyds Knobs American Legion Post 42 will host a turtle soup dinner, prepared by Bill Million, beginning at noon Saturday, Oct. 19, at the post, 4530 Paoli Pike, Floyds Knobs.
Funds from the dinner will help send high school boys to Boys State, help support a Boy Scout Troop, Floyd Central ROTC program and other worthy causes such as Crusade for children.
The soup may be eaten at the post or by takeout. The price is $2 per bowl, $8 a quart, $15 for a half-gallon and $24 a gallon. Customers do not need to bring their own containers.
For more information, call 812-923-3095.
Make and take spooky items
The New Albany-Floyd County Public Library invites adult crafters to the monthly Make It-Take It: Halloween DIY at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 16, in the Applegate Room in the library, 180 W. Spring St.
Get started with decorating for the upcoming season with pumpkin magnets and Halloween candy box. Those interested should register by calling 812-949-3523.
Howard photos on display
“The Howard Collection: A Family, A Shipyard and An Era,” featuring 40 enlargements of images made by Capt. Jim Howard and his brother, Capt. Clyde Howard, will be on display through October at Howard Steamboat Museum – Laundry House, 1101 East Market St., Jeffersonville.
Curated by James Reising, a museum volunteer since 1958 and former purser on the steamboats Delta Queen, the photo exhibit is free during regular museum hours. Museum admission is $6 for adults.
For more information call 812-283-3728.
Knee and hip seminar set
Clark Memorial Hospital Center for Orthopedics and Spine will host a free education seminar on osteoarthritis and knee and hip pain from noon to 1 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 17 at Clark Memorial Hospital, 1220 Missouri Ave., Jeffersonville.
Dr. William Sligar, Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon, will lead the seminar focusing on the causes of knee and hip pain, the importance of a proper diagnosis and discuss conservative and surgical treatment options.
Online registration for the free seminar is available on the hospital’s website at clarkmemorial.org/seminars-events/ or by calling 812-283-2926.
- Recent Local News
- Tipsy dump truck causes traffic tie-up in Clark County
- Wreck closes I-64 in Floyd County for several hours
- New Albany Bicentennial — The city’s library
- Gov. Pence's education outline for Indiana unveiled in Corydon
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For Nov. 11
- NEW ERA: New Tech construction begins in Clarksville
- Silver Street in New Albany to close for drainage improvements
- Separate arrests made overnight by Indiana State Police
- Community rises up to help New Albany restaurant lost in fire
- 'I would love it if it was every day': YMCA branches receive grant for after-school programs
- New Albany agrees on deal for multiuse center
- New Albany fashion show to benefit Blessings in a Backpack
- AP's 10 things to know today
- Uptown businesses in New Albany to raise money for charity
- More than 69K Hoosiers could lose long-term jobless benefits
- More Recent Local News Headlines