> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
Friends annual gardening book sale May 18
From 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, May 18, the Friends of the New Albany-Floyd County Public Library will hold their annual gardening book sale in the library’s Annex Building.
All books in the gardening section will be discounted by 50 percent. Regular prices are $1 for hardbacks; 50 cents for videos, DVDs and paperbacks; 25 cents for audio book cassette tapes; and 10 cents for magazines and music cassette tapes. Children’s books are available at prices of $1 or less.
First Church hosting health fair
The First Church of God, 2248 Charlestown Road, New Albany, will host a free health and wellness fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, May 18. There will be health information and screenings available to participants.
Also, beginning at 8 a.m. that day, the church will host its annual yard and bake sale. Loaves of bread and hommade candy, cookies, pies and cakes will be available for purchase.
For more information call the church at 812-945-2361.
School vs. city game May 19
Greater Clark Schools vs. City of Jeffersonville softball game, 3 p.m., Sunday, May 19, at Vissing Park.
Proceeds go to Grassroots Prevention Coalition. Admission, adults, $2, children 6 to 12, $1.
Taste of Jeffersonville at Kye’s
Taste of Jeffersonville will be from 6 to 9 p.m., May 16, at Kye’s in Jeffersonville.
There will be many local eateries participating, along with a silent auction and live entertainment. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased at Schimpff’s Confectionery, Choices, the Mayor’s’ office or at the door the night of the event.
For more information call 812-282-1184.
> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
- Recent Local News
- NEW ERA: New Tech construction begins in Clarksville
- Silver Street in New Albany to close for drainage improvements
- Separate arrests made overnight by Indiana State Police
- Community rises up to help New Albany restaurant lost in fire
- 'I would love it if it was every day': YMCA branches receive grant for after-school programs
- New Albany agrees on deal for multiuse center
- New Albany fashion show to benefit Blessings in a Backpack
- AP's 10 things to know today
- Uptown businesses in New Albany to raise money for charity
- More than 69K Hoosiers could lose long-term jobless benefits
- Family, friends have say during sentencing hearing in Clarksville murder case
- The elves of law enforcement
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For Dec. 10
- Fire erupts at Sam's Food & Spirits in New Albany
- Deam Lake offers up firewood for cutting
- More Recent Local News Headlines