Relay hosting organizational meeting
Relay For Life of Clark County will host its kickoff meeting at 6 p.m. today, Nov. 19, at the Jeffersonville Library, 211 East Court Ave.
Local volunteers are a huge part of the American Cancer Society’s nationwide effort to save lives from cancer, and additional people are needed for the progress to continue. The county’s 2014 Relay For Life is slated for May 16 at Charlestown High School.
Ivy Tech holding open house
Ivy Tech Southern Indiana will hold an open house from 4 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 20, at the Harrison County Learning Center, 101 Ind. 62, Suite 104, Corydon.
The event will include information on financial aid and the admissions process. Admissions representatives will be available to provide information on specific programs of study as well as student support services. In addition, the event will also include information about specific courses being offered this spring in Harrison County as well as the main Sellersburg campus.
For more information on how to apply or register for courses at Ivy Tech Southern Indiana, visit ivytech.edu/nowisthetime or call 1-888-IVY-LINE.
Brain injury group to meet
The next meeting of the Southern Indiana Traumatic Brain Injury Foundation will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 21, in the education conference room at Southern Indiana Rehab Hospital, 3104 Blackiston Blvd., New Albany.
For more information, call 812-941-8357
Firefighters hosting fundraiser
The New Washington Volunteer Fire Department is hosting a fundraising event for Daniel Stoner.
Stoner was aiding a stranded motorist in September when he collapsed. He survived, but has had several medical complications since including a heart attack, a stroke and collapse of his left lung.
A 33-year veteran of the New Washington Volunteer Fire Department and former chief, Stoner is expected to be released from rehab the week of Thanksgiving.
Stoner’s fellow firefighters are hosting a bean/potato soup fundraiser to help cover some of Stoner’s medical expenses at 4 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 23, at the New Washington Volunteer Fire Department Station 1, Ind. 62 in New Washington.
A silent auction will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. and a live auction will be held at 7 p.m. after the winners of the silent auction have been announced.
- Recent Local News
- Colston Park plan in Jeffersonville irks residents
- Jeffersonville marina project starting to move forward
- Great start for school: New Albany-Floyd County schools teachers get a boost from foundation
- Crew busy strengthening New Albany's line of flood defense
VIDEO: William Clyde Gibson Sentencing Hearing
Floyd County Prosecutor Keith Henderson talks to area media during the sentencing hearing of New Albany convicted serial killer William Clyde Gibson.
- Indiana teachers worry about revamped ISTEP test
- Police: Southern Indiana man tried to sell two children for $7,500
- Some Edwardsville Water customers under boil water advisory
Gibson's sentencing hearing continues in New Albany
William Clyde Gibson was in court Monday, where the convicted serial killer could be sentenced to a second death penalty.
- Act would require ‘under observation’ notice for patients
- UPDATE: I-65 North lane to remain closed through Tuesday rush hour
- Staff drafts plan for George Rogers Clark memorial in Vincennes
- Top-selling items at Kroger reveal unhealthy trends
- Indiana higher education head proposes changes to federal aid
- Community Montessori lists 2014-15 school calendar
- More Recent Local News Headlines