CHARLESTOWN — Runners took part in the first Get Nothing and Love It 5-K run/walk Saturday morning. The event was held at Charlestown State Park. No T-shirts or medals were awarded to participants. The only reward for partcipating was a warm heart for donating money or food items to help feed those in need this holiday season. The event was sponsored by Louie 104.3, Indiana 9, Pacers and Racers, Northside Church of Christ, Eastside Christian Church, Charlestown State Park and the News and Tribune. See related photos.
- Recent Local News
Kentucky bond ratings come back from agencies
Bonds that will be sold to help finance Kentucky’s portion of the Ohio River Bridges Project were rated just above junk status.
- NA Parks Hosts ToyFest
300 students in NAHS’ holiday production
New Albany High School’s award-winning performing arts groups will put more than 300 students into the school’s performance venues for its annual Madrigal Feaste and Holiday Spectacular, Dec. 14-15.
- Comments sought on Floyd County water rate increase
- Officials, business leaders meet to discuss Vision 2025 plan
- WORLDLY ENDEAVOR: Wilson Elementary students learn about holidays around the globe
- Southern Indiana slides by with only minor problems
- State lawmakers unlikely to consider casino aid
- CARDS FOREVER: Bryan Berg builds Louisville Skyline from playing cards
- THE EXTRA MILER: Stepping Up to Community Needs
- Jeffersonville soccer complex work continues ahead of schedule
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For Dec. 7-8
- Multiple closures expected for bridge-related work
- Police: Man attempts robbery, fights Jeffersonville officer
- Winter storm causing driving nightmares
- More Recent Local News Headlines
- Kentucky bond ratings come back from agencies