> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Meghan Jones (Bellarmine women’s track, Floyd Central graduate, Jr.) — top performance: first in the 200-meter dash at the Rose-Hulman Engineer Invitational on Saturday, 25.78, NCAA provisional qualifying time; notes: fourth in the high jump, 5-2 1/4.
• Brandon Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: one rebound in the Titans’ 62-45 loss on Saturday at Cardinal Stritch; team records: 16-9 overall, 13-6 Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference.
• Chris Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, Jr.) — weekly stats: 11.5 points per game, 6-of-16 field goals, 0-of-4 3-pointers, 11-of-13 free throws, eight rebounds, five assists; top performance: 19 points, shooting 6-of-11 from the field and 7-of-9 from the stripe, six rebounds and game-high five assists in the Titans’ 68-58 home win last Wednesday against Trinity Christian; team records: 16-9 overall, 13-6 Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference.
• Andrea Rademacher (Indiana State women’s basketball, Jr.) — notes: one rebound in the Sycamores’ 66-65 loss last Friday at Illinois State; team records: 11-7 overall, 3-4 Missouri Valley Conference.
• Justin Baxtron (Indiana State men’s track, Sr.) — notes: 22nd in the 60-meter dash preliminaries at the Indiana University Relays last Friday and Saturday, 7.04.
• Chris Carruthers (Franklin men’s basketball, So.) — notes: two points in the Grizzlies’ 72-69 loss on Saturday at Bluffton; team records: 11-8 overall, 6-6 HCAC.
• Cory Neel (Ohio Northern wrestling, So.) — notes: 0-2 record at 157 pounds at the Alma Open on Saturday.
• Cody Banet (IU East men’s basketball, Jr.) — weekly stats: 4.5 points per game, 3-of-9 field goals, 1-of-4 3-pointers, 2-of-2 free throws, four rebounds; notes: five points and two rebounds in the Red Wolves’ 93-80 home win over Berea; team records: 15-7 overall, 5-2 KIAC.
• Garrett Blackman (Southern Indiana men’s track, Jr.) — notes: sixth in the distance medley relay at the IU Relays last weekend, 10:32.27.
• Will Cox (Southern Indiana men’s track, So.) — notes: 16th in the 5,000 at the IU Relays last Friday and Saturday, 15:31.76.
• Haley Dresner (Xavier women’s swimming, Fr.) — top performance: third in the 200-yard medley relay at the Butler Invitational on Sunday, 1:51.26; notes: fifth in the 400 freestyle relay, 3:42.02; eighth in the 200 breaststroke (2:33.31); ninth in the 100 breaststroke (1:10.72).
• Andrew Mitchell (Danville Area Community College men’s basketball, So.) — notes: four points and three rebounds in the Jaguars’ 61-58 road win last Monday against the Rose-Hulman junior varsity team; team records: 18-3 overall, 2-0 Mid-West Athletic Conference.
• Brigid Morrissey (Furman women’s basketball, Jr.) — weekly stats: five points per game, 3-of-11 field goals, 0-of-2 3-pointers, 4-of-4 free throws, 13 assists, 12 steals, two rebounds; top performance: game- and career-high 11 assists, game- and career-high nine steals and four points in the Paladins’ 88-83 triple-overtime home loss to Western Carolina last Wednesday; team records: 7-11 overall, 3-6 Southern Conference.
• Brock Slavens (Cincinnati men’s swimming, So.) — notes: seventh in the 50 freestyle in the Bearcats’ 152-133 loss on Saturday at Ohio State, 22.14.
• Jordan Thompson (IU Southeast men’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: two rebounds and two blocks in the Grenadiers’ 105-76 home win over Berea last Tuesday; team records: 18-3 overall, 8-0 KIAC.
• Chet Wernecke (IU Southeast men’s basketball, Jr.) — notes: eight points, five rebounds and game-high four blocks in the Grenadiers’ 105-76 home win over Berea last Tuesday; team records: 18-3 overall, 8-0 KIAC.