> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Meghan Jones (Bellarmine women’s track, Floyd Central graduate, Jr.) — top performance: first in the 400-meter dash at the Gerry England Open last Sunday in Indianapolis, 59.17; notes: second in both the 200 (26.24) and the high jump (1.53 meters) at the England Open; second in the 1,600 relay at the Hoosier Open last weekend in Bloomington, 3:54.9, new school record; the 1,600 relay time at the Hoosier Open met the NCAA provisional standard.
• Chris Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, Jr.) — top performance: game-high 20 points, shooting 6-of-7 from the field, 2-of-2 from 3-point range and 6-of-8 from the free-throw line, game-high five rebounds and two assists in the Titans’ 58-56 victory last Saturday at Calumet College of St. Joseph; team records: 7-5 overall, 5-3 Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference Division I.
• Andrea Rademacher (Indiana State women’s basketball, Jr.) — notes: six points in the Sycamores’ 64-33 home victory over Illinois-Chicago last Saturday; team record: 6-2.
• Justin Baxtron (Indiana State men’s track, Sr.) — top performance: second in the 200 at the Eastern Illinois University Early Bird Meet last Saturday, 22.67; notes: fourth in the 60 dash finals, 6.96; fifth in the 60 dash preliminaries, 6.98.
• Billy Edelen (Bellarmine men’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: Edelen saw action in the Knights’ 92-67 home win over Wheeling Jesuit last Saturday; team record: 6-0.
• Cody Banet (IU East men’s basketball, Jr.) — weekly stats: five points per game, 6-of-16 field goals, 3-of-9 3-pointers, eight rebounds, three steals; notes: seven points and two rebounds in the Red Wolves’ 100-75 victory on Tuesday at Wilberforce. The victory over Wilberforce was the 100th win in program history; team record: 7-4.
• Melanie Stutsman (Western Kentucky volleyball, Jr.) — notes: Stutsman was named on Wednesday as an honorable-mention selection to the American Volleyball Coaches Association NCAA Division I All-America team. It is the third consecutive season that Stutsman has been an honorable-mention pick for the squad.
• Jordan Thompson (IU Southeast men’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: game-high two blocks in the Grenadiers’ 94-82 home win over Spalding; team records: 8-3 overall, 1-0 Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Jamie Wallace (Indianapolis volleyball, Fr.) — notes: Wallace and the Greyhounds bowed out of the NCAA Division II Volleyball Championship Elite Eight Tournament last Saturday in Pensacola, Fla., with a 3-0 semifinal loss to Tampa. They won their first-round match against New Haven (Conn.) last Friday, 3-1. Wallace did not play in either match; team records: 31-8 overall, 15-3 Great Lakes Valley Conference.