> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• COACH: Brett O’Loughlin.
• KEY RETURNEES: Daniel Doty (Jr., 126); Trey Sturdy (Jr., 138).
• KEY VARSITY NEWCOMERS: Of the five wrestlers on the Warriors’ roster, three are freshmen.
• TOUGH OPPONENTS/MEETS: Jeff, Jennings County; Scottsburg Tournament, SIWC Tournament.
• OUTLOOK: Doty has qualified for regional the past two seasons and has a great shot of repeating that feat again this season. O’Loughlin thinks Sturdy has a great chance of qualifying for regional as well. With only five grapplers, O’Loughlin says each meet will be a challenge for his small squad.
• O’LOUGHLIN SAYS: “I would be surprised if we didn’t have at least one if not two regional qualifiers. Doty has had some decent success and Sturdy has worked hard in the offseason to improve and isn’t afraid to try new things on the mat to help ensure success. Overall, it will be tough, but we are fortunate to have tough kids.”
• COACH: Adam Doherty.
• KEY EXPECTED RETURNEES: Luke Woods (Jr.); T.J. Jackson (So.); Bryant Haynes (So.); Artemio Gomez (Jr.); Cameron Stuart (Sr.); Seth McCutchen (Sr.); Adam Hoff (Jr.).
• TOUGH OPPONENTS/MEETS: Floyd Central, Jeff; Evansville Reitz Invitational, Mid-Southern Conference Duals, Jeff Classic, SIWC Tournament, MSC Championships.
• OUTLOOK: Haynes, Stuart and McCutchen were all semi-state qualifiers last year. Hoff advanced to regional at 195 pounds. The Pirates have dominated the MSC the last several years. They have won the conference meet seven years in a row and nine times in the last 10 seasons. Charlestown also has won the MSC Duals eight consecutive times.
• NOTE: Doherty could not be reached for comment.