PERFORMANCE OF THE WEEK
Hannah Morton, New Albany
Morton threw a one-hit shutout and struck out 10 in New Albany’s 10-0 win over Lanesville in the New Albany Invitational championship game last Saturday. On Tuesday, she came back and threw a three-hit shutout in the Bulldogs’ 1-0 victory over Charlestown.
TOP PERFORMANCES OF THE WEEK
• Shelbie Farvour, Borden: Farvour went 4-for-4, including a grand slam, and had seven RBIs during the Braves’ 12-6 win over Eastern last Saturday. Farvour also was the winning pitcher in Borden’s triumph.
• Sydney Michell, New Albany: Michell went 3-for-4 with three RBIs and a pair of runs scored in an 11-1 win over Trinity Lutheran and the Bulldogs went on to win the New Albany Invitational on Saturday.
• McKenzie Bush, Silver Creek: Bush pitched a five-hit shutout and went 2-for-4 at the plate as Silver Creek defeated Austin 13-0 in five innings on Monday.
• Whitney Morris, New Washington: Morris threw a complete-game one-hitter and also hit a two-run home run as the Mustangs knocked off Austin 8-1 on Wednesday.
• Melinda Cochran, Providence: Cochran came off the bench to go 2-for-2 with a triple, a walk, two runs and an RBI as the Pioneers defeated Clarksville 15-2 in the City Championship on Monday.
• Ashtyn Kaskie, Henryville: The Hornets’ hurler allowed just three hits and struck out nine in a 10-1 win over Crawford County last Saturday.
• Alyssa Price, Charlestown: Price had a double and a triple as the Pirates beat Borden 15-0 on Wednesday.
• Lexi Kiper, Silver Creek: Kiper went 2-for-2 and had the game-winning RBI as the Dragons edged Clarksville 5-4 on Tuesday.
• Ali Sparkman, Clarksville: Sparkman hit a home run as the Generals fell 9-1 to Seymour last Saturday.