BOYS — COLUMBUS EAST (4-0, 2-0 HHC) AT NEW ALBANY (3-1, 2-0 HHC)
• DAY/TIME: 7:30 p.m.
• RANKINGS: Columbus East — Class 4A No. 13 AP.
• LAST 10 YEARS: New Albany 7-3.
• LAST YEAR: At Columbus East 99, New Albany 92 (2OT).
• ANALYSIS: This is a makeup game because of East’s journey to its second football state championship. The Olympians figured to be a Hoosier Hills Conference contender and they’ve been even better than expected, especially considering their win over Class 4A No. 2 Columbus North on Friday. This is the first game between two HHC contenders. The winner will likely go on to face Jeffersonville for the conference championship.
• THE PICK: New Albany 84, Columbus East 77.
BOYS — PAOLI (5-0) AT BORDEN (6-0)
• TIME: 7:30 p.m.
• RANKINGS: Paoli — Class 2A No. 9 AP; Borden — Class A No. 2 AP.
• LAST 10 YEARS: Borden 5-3 (Borden has won three straight).
• LAST YEAR: Borden 67, at Paoli 66.
• ANALYSIS: This series has produced some great games and some great finishes. Jalen McCoy’s buzzer beater helped the Braves to an 8-0 start last year en route to the Class A state championship. This year should be no different — but I’ve learned not to pick against Borden.
• THE PICK: Borden 73, Paoli 69.
BOYS — CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (4-1) AT JEFFERSONVILLE (3-1)
• TIME: 7:30 p.m.
• RADIO: WFIA-94.7 FM.
• RANKINGS: Christian Academy — Class A No. 16 AP. Jeffersonville — Class 4A No. 16 AP, No. 19 IBCA.
• LAST 10 YEARS: No meetings.
• ANALYSIS: When Matt Pait took over at Jeffersonville, he promised he’d give the smaller area schools a shot at the big boys. Well, this is the Warriors’ shot. Funny enough, the Warriors have the bigger roster. If they’re able to take advantage of their size, they could stay in this game for a while.
• THE PICK: Jeffersonville 81, Christian Academy 55.