By KEVIN HARRIS
The majority of Tuesday’s area high school athletics schedule got postponed because of bitterly cold temperatures that have hit Southern Indiana this week.
Two boys’ basketball games were called off in Providence at Madison and Eastern at Austin.
The Providence-Madison contest has been rescheduled for Saturday, Feb. 15, as the junior varsity game will start at 1 p.m. The varsity will tip off at approximately 2:30 p.m.
The Musketeers’ Mid-Southern Conference contest at Austin will be played tonight with the JV beginning at 6 and varsity starting at about 7:30.
Four girls’ basketball games were postponed on Tuesday. They were Crawford County at Clarksville, Christian Academy at Trinity Lutheran, New Washington at Scottsburg and Charlestown at Rock Creek Academy.
Only one of those contests have a make-up date, as the Generals will host Crawford County on Saturday, Feb. 1. The JV game will have a noon start time, followed by the varsity at 1:30 p.m.
Other high school events called off on Tuesday were the New Albany home boys’ and girls’ swimming meet against Jennings County and the Clarksville boys’ freshman basketball game at North Harrison. Neither one have been rescheduled.
The lone scheduled athletic event on Tuesday that occurred was Jeffersonville’s home boys’ and girls’ swimming meet against Providence. No results from that meet were reported at press time.
Below is the rescheduled dates of the boys’ and girls’ basketball games that have been reported:
• Providence at Madison, Feb. 15.
• Crothersville at Rock Creek, Jan. 17.
• West Washington at Christian Academy, Jan. 25.
• Evansville Harrison at New Albany, Jan. 28
• Evansville Bosse at Jeffersonville, Feb. 15.
• Silver Creek at Clarksville, Feb. 15.
• Floyd Central at Silver Creek, Feb. 22.
• Rock Creek at New Washington, Feb. 22.
• Eastern at Austin, tonight.
• Corydon Central at Silver Creek, Jan. 16.
• New Washington at Madison, Jan. 16.
• Henryville at South Central, Jan. 20
• Eastern at Austin, Jan. 21.
• Borden at Shoals, Jan. 30.
• Jeffersonville at Madison, Jan. 30.
• Crawford County at Clarksville, Feb. 1.