> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Johnnie Guy (Southern Indiana men’s track, North Harrison graduate, So.) — top performance: first in the 1,500-meter run at the Great Lakes Valley Conference Outdoor Track and Field Championships last weekend in Romeoville, Illinois, 3:57.59; notes: first in the 5,000, 14:40.36; Guy received All-GLVC honors last weekend.
• Brian Eurton (St. Joseph’s men’s track, Fr.) — notes: 11th in the 1,500 at the GLVC Outdoor Track and Field Championships last weekend in Romeoville, Illinois, 4:07.96.
• Alli Webster (Wabash Valley softball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 1-0 record, 8 1/3 innings pitched, one run allowed (none earned), six hits, five strikeouts, two walks; 1-for-2; top performance: winning pitcher in a starting role in the Warriors’ 9-0 victory in five innings over Olney Central in an elimination game in the National Junior College Athletic Association Region 24 tournament last Saturday in Centralia, Illinois, five innings pitched, no runs allowed, four hits, five strikeouts, one walk; season-ending stats: 16-3 record, 1.95 ERA, 132 strikeouts; team records: 45-9 overall, 29-2 Great Rivers Athletic Conference.
• Tyler Willinger (Calhoun Community College baseball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 0-for-11; notes: 0-for-5 in the Warhawks’ 5-0 home loss to Snead State Community College last Saturday in Game 1 of a doubleheader; team records: 23-28-1 overall, 12-15-1 Alabama Community College Conference.
• Drew Kissel (St. Catharine baseball, So.) — weekly stats: 2-for-15, one RBI, one double; top performance: 2-for-3 with a double and an RBI in the Patriots’ 12-2 victory in eight innings over Bluefield in the first round of the Mid-South Conference Tournament last Sunday in Columbia, Ky.; season-ending stats: .233 batting average, 19 RBIs, six doubles; team records: 28-27 overall, 15-12 Mid-South Conference.
• Erika Wilson (Southern Indiana women’s track, Sr.) — top performance: third in the 5,000 at the GLVC Outdoor Track and Field Championships last weekend in Romeoville, Illinois, 17:40.34.
• Andrew Archer (Vincennes men’s track, So.) — notes: 10th in the discus at the Billy Hayes Invitational last Saturday in Bloomington, 142-9; 14th in the shot put, 41-1/4.
• Jordan Batliner (IU Southeast softball, Jr.) — weekly stats: 5-for-13, nine RBIs, four runs scored, two doubles, two stolen bases, one home run; top performance: 2-for-4 with a double, two RBIs, a run scored and a stolen base in the Grenadiers’ 10-2 victory over Midway (Ky.) on May 2 in the Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Tournament in Berea, Kentucky; notes: Batliner and the Grenadiers captured the KIAC Tourney title last Saturday with a 8-0 win in six innings against Asbury; IU Southeast will play Houston-Victoria in the NAIA Softball National Championship tournament on Monday in Montgomery, Alabama; Batliner has made the All-KIAC team; team records: 41-10 overall, 25-3 KIAC.
• David Frank (Indianapolis men’s golf, Sr.) — notes: 60th in the NCAA Division II Central/Midwest Regional Monday through Wednesday in Eureka, Missouri, with a three-round score of 232, 16-over-par (78 in the first round, 77 in the second, 77 in the final).
• Codie Hamsley (Louisville men’s track, Fr.) — top performance: fifth in the discus at the American Athletic Conference Outdoor Track and Field Championships May 2-4 in Tampa, Fla., 159-1.
• Samantha McClure (Tennessee-Martin softball, Jr.) — weekly stats: 2-for-7, two RBIs, one run scored, one home run; notes: 1-for-1 with a run scored, an RBI and a solo homer in the Skyhawks’ 9-0 victory at Austin Peay last Saturday in Game 2 of a doubleheader; season-ending stats: .211 batting average, two homers, 11 RBIs, 16 runs scored, 14 stolen bases; team records: 27-27-1 overall, 14-10 Ohio Valley Conference.
• Matt Powers (Hanover baseball, So.) — season-ending stats: 1-3 record, 3.78 ERA, 23 strikeouts, 13 appearances, two starts; team records: 16-19 overall, 12-13 Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference.
• Jacob Snodgrass (Olney Central baseball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 5-for-13, three runs scored, two doubles; top performance: 3-for-3 with a double in the Blue Knights’ 10-0 loss in eight innings at Southwestern Illinois last Sunday; team records: 29-17 overall, 12-12 GRAC.
• Leah Wolf (Bellarmine women’s track, Fr.) — notes: 10th in the discus at the GLVC Outdoor Track and Field Championships last weekend in Romeoville, Illinois, 34.64 meters.