OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
• Tuwan Payton, New Albany: For the third time in six weeks, Payton is the Offensive Player of the Week. In Friday’s 35-7 win over Madison, Payton carried 36 times for 327 yards and two touchdowns. He set the tone early with 70 yards, including a 9-yard touchdown run, on the game’s opening drive.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
• Dorian Noel, Providence: Noel was one of several Pioneers deserving of the honor after last Friday’s 35-13 win in which Providence forced seven Jeff turnovers. Noel had a pair of tackles and three interceptions. He returned his first pick 35 yards to the Jeff 15-yard line to set up an Owen Mattingly TD run that gave the Pioneers the lead for good.
OTHER WEEK 6 STARS
• Jason Jent, Silver Creek: Jent had 12 tackles and an interception in the Dragons’ 53-22 victory over Clarksville on Friday.
• Tyler Combs, Charlestown: Combs had seven tackles and a 69-yard interception return as the Pirate defense shut down Salem in a 35-0 victory.
• Andrew Wright, Clarksville: Wright had a pair of interceptions and five tackles as the Generals fell to Silver Creek.
• Billy Wingate, Providence: Wingate had eight solo tackles, three assisted tackles, two tackles for loss, a sack and a forced fumble in the Pioneers’ win over Jeff.
• Bobby Haines, Silver Creek: Haines had 231 yards and three total touchdowns as the Dragons defeated Clarksville for a Mid-Southern Conference victory.
• Ryan Lenz, Floyd Central: Lenz tied a school record with a 70-yard punt in the Highlanders’ 76-30 loss to Columbus East.
• Antawon Swims, New Albany: Swims had a pair of interceptions as the Bulldogs beat up on Madison.
• Hunter Crace, Charlestown: Crace caught a pair of TD passes from quarterback Darren Taylor in the Pirates’ Mid-Southern Conference victory over Salem.
• Owen Mattingly, Providence: In his first start under center, Mattingly rushed for 192 yards and three scores in the Pioneers’ win over Jeffersonville.
• Brian Arnold, Eastern: Arnold carried 16 times for 86 yards and caught a pass for 8 yards in the Musketeers’ 34-7 loss to North Harrison.
• Gaige Klingsmith, Floyd Central: Klingsmith had 169 yards on 25 carries in the Highlanders’ loss to East.
• Adam Hoff, Charlestown: Hoff finished with seven tackles and a quarterback sack in the Pirates’ triumph over Salem.
• Austin Hasting, Silver Creek: Hasting caught five passes for 90 yards, including a 30-yard TD pass from Jake Meadors, and returned a kickoff 68 yards for a touchdown in Creek’s win.
• Jacob Spencer, Providence: Spencer had four solo tackles, two assisted tackles, one quarterback sack, one forced fumble, two fumble recoveries and a blocked extra point in Providence’s win over Jeffersonville.