> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• Casey Guernsey (Bellarmine women’s swimming, So.) — notes: eighth in both the 100 (1:17.5) and 200 breaststroke (2:49.73), 10th in the 50 breast (35.64) and 11th in the 200 individual medley (2:36.73) at the Sewanee (Tenn.) Invitational on Saturday.
• Kegan Clark (IU Southeast men’s basketball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 9.5 points per game, 6-15 field goals, 1-2 3-pointers, 6-8 free throws, 15 rebounds, six steals, three assists; top performance: 10 points, shooting 4-of-7 from the field, 1-of-2 from 3-point range and 1-of-2 from the line, seven rebounds, game-high four steals and two assists in the Grenadiers’ 93-74 victory at the University of the Cumberlands last Tuesday; team record: 2-0.
• Taylor Davis (Hanover women’s soccer, Fr.) — notes: Davis came off the bench in both the Panthers’ 6-1 home win over Franklin last Tuesday and their 6-0 home victory over Defiance (Ohio) on Saturday; Hanover captured the HCAC regular-season championship and clinched the No. 1 seed in this week’s HCAC Tournament; the Panthers have tied the school record for most wins in a season; team records: 15-1-2 overall, 8-0-1 HCAC.
• Ryan Dewitt (Waldorf wrestling, Jr.) — notes: fifth-place finish with a 3-2 record in the 285-pound college division at the Kaye Young Open on Saturday in Mason City, Iowa.
• Hanna Martin (Youngstown State women’s swimming, So.) — top performance: first in the 500 freestyle in the Penguins’ 191-100 victory at Niagara on Saturday, 5:27.53; notes: second in both the 1,000 free (11:08.54) and the 400 individual medley (4:57.59).
• Jalynn McClain (Western Kentucky women’s basketball, So.) — weekly stats: 10.5 points per game, 8-of-15 field goals, 5-of-8 free throws, 20 rebounds, two assists, two steals; top performance: 12 points, shooting 6-of-8 from the floor, and 10 rebounds in the Hilltoppers’ 87-49 exhibition home win over Kentucky Wesleyan last Tuesday.
• Alonzo Shepherd (Indiana wrestling, So.) — notes: 2-2 record in the 125-pound division at the Clarion (Pa.) Open on Sunday.
• Trice Whaley (Rend Lake men’s basketball, So.) — weekly stats: 4.5 points per game, 3-6 field goals, 1-1 3-pointers, 2-3 free throws, eight assists, four rebounds; notes: six points, two rebounds and two assists in the Warriors’ 77-53 win vs. Elgin Community College at the Harry S. Truman College tournament in Chicago on Saturday; Whaley and the Warriors are ranked No. 1 in the NJCAA Division II preseason poll; Whaley helped Rend Lake win the NJCAA Division II national championship last season; team record: 2-0.