PERFORMANCE OF THE WEEK
Alli Webster, Charlestown
On Thursday, April 4, Webster gave up just one run and struck out 10 Corydon Central batters in five innings as Charlestown prevailed 12-1. She then tossed a one-hit shutout as the Pirates defeated the host Pioneers to win the Providence Invitational last weekend.
LAST WEEK’S OTHER TOP PERFORMANCES
• Caroline Cato, Floyd Central: Cato combined with Blake Dykes in a 13-0 win over Clarksville last Friday. On Tuesday, Cato held New Albany to a single run on five hits and 11 strikeouts in the Highlanders’ 2-1 triumph over the rival Bulldogs.
• Ali Sparkman, Clarksville: Sparkman went 3-for-4 with two triples, two runs scored and two RBIs as the Generals defeated Crawford County on Tuesday, April 2.
• Olivia Scarbrough, Silver Creek: Scarbrough had a double and three RBIs as the Dragons won at Madison 10-2 on Saturday.
• Kayleigh Thomas, Jeffersonville: Thomas gave up just two hits and stuck out four Mustangs in the Red Devils’ 8-1 win over New Washington on Wednesday.
• Kassie King, Floyd Central: King surrendered just one run on four hits and struck out eight Olympians as the Highlanders defeated Columbus East on Thursday, April 4, 7-1.
• McKenzie Bush, Silver Creek: Bush went 3-for-4 and was the winning pitcher in the Dragons’ 10-6 victory over Seymour on April 4.