> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
WEEK 3 STARS
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Tuwan Payton, New Albany: Payton has had a lot of memorable nights running the ball as a Bulldog, but none like last Friday’s 55-6 win over Jennings County.
The senior carried the ball 14 times, scoring on seven and running for 390 yards.
“He’s unreal. We can’t say enough about him,” Bulldogs’ coach Charlie Fields said of Payton. “He will be the first one to tell you if you ask him about the game to say, ‘I can’t do this without the offensive line.’”
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
DeAdam “Debow” Hall, Jeffersonville: The 6-foot-7, 340-pound junior defensive tackle had four tackles and a pair of quarterback sacks, but his value can’t be validated by stats alone.
“He was our MVP on both sides of the ball for this game,” Jeff coach Lonnie Oldham said. “I told him to send this film to any college and they will offer. No lie, he is 6-7, 340 pounds and used it all. It was a Debow showcase Friday night.”
OTHER WEEK 3 STARS
• Matt Bell, Providence: Bell carried 28 times for 323 yards and scored on runs of 5, 35 and 55 as the Pioneers earned a 28-0 victory over Louisville Holy Cross.
• Jamal Britt, Jeffersonville: The Red Devils’ sophomore quarterback threw for a career-high 297 yards in the Devils’ 60-0 win over Bedford North Lawrence.
• Jake Harper, Charlestown: Harper had 14 tackles and a quarterback sack in the Pirates’ 68-0 shutout victory over Clarksville.
• John Strobel, Floyd Central: Strobel had seven tackles in the Highlanders’ 20-13 victory over Madison.
• Owen Mattingly, Providence: Mattingly had an interception — his fourth of the season — as the Pioneers defeated Holy Cross.
• Darren Taylor, Charlestown: Taylor carried 17 times for 121 yards and a pair of scores in Charlestown’s win over Clarksville.
• Austin Roberts, Eastern: Roberts completed 8-of-21 passes for 58 yards and had a 2-yard scoring run in the Musketeers’ 53-8 loss to Brownstown.
• Zach Love, Clarksville: The freshman outside linebacker had six tackles in the first half against Charlestown before leaving the game with a shoulder injury.
• Colton Kimm, Floyd Central: Kimm completed 12-of-19 passes for 172 yards and a 25-yard TD pass to Gaige Klingsmith in the Highlanders’ win over Madison.
• Tyler Combs, Charlestown: Combs finished with six tackles, a sack and a forced fumble in the Pirates’ home win over Clarksville.
• Jake Meadors, Silver Creek: Meadors came in for the injured Brooks Howell and immediately threw a 25-yard TD pass to Austin Hasting the Dragons’ 15-6 loss to Corydon Central.
• Elijah Miller, Floyd Central: Miller had four solo tackles, four assists and a fumble recovery as the Highlanders defeated Madison.
• Austin Hines, Jeffersonville: Hines carried 26 times for 236 yards and scored five times in the Devils’ HHC triumph over Bedford.