> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• Ashley Dickerson (Indiana State softball, Jr.) — weekly stats: 2-for-4, two runs scored; notes: 1-for-2 with two runs scored in the Sycamores’ 8-0 victory in five innings over Howard at the Rebel Games last Thursday in Orlando, Fla.; team records: 14-9 overall, 1-1 Missouri Valley Conference.
• Katie Guernsey (St. Joseph’s (Ind.) women’s tennis, Sr.) — weekly stats: 1-2 singles record, 2-2 doubles record; top performance: No. 2 singles win (6-2, 4-6, 12-10) and No. 1 doubles victory (8-2) in the Pumas’ 9-0 triumph over Roosevelt (Ill.) last Thursday in Hilton Head, S.C.; team record: 6-7.
• Sarah Richey (IU Southeast softball, So.) — notes: Richey played second base in a reserve role in the Grenadiers’ 7-0 home loss to Concordia (Mich.) on Saturday in the first game of a doubleheader; team records: 6-5 overall, 1-1 KIAC.
• Trent Astle (Xavier baseball, Fr.) — top performance: winning pitcher in a starting role in the Musketeers’ 6-5 victory at Miami (Ohio) last Tuesday, 6 2/3 innings pitched, one run allowed (earned), three hits, three strikeouts, one walk; team record: 10-6; Astle’s record: 1-0.
• Shane Burke (IU Southeast men’s tennis, Jr.) — notes: No. 3 doubles loss (8-3) in the Grenadiers’ 8-1 setback at Bellarmine last Friday; team records: 2-3 overall, 1-0 KIAC.
• Kegan Clark (IU Southeast men’s basketball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 4.5 points per game, 4-8 field goals, 0-of-1 3-pointers, 1-4 free throws, nine rebounds; notes: six points and four rebounds in the Grenadiers’ 71-66 loss Robert Morris (Ill.) in the second round of the NAIA Division II National Championship last Friday; season-ending stats: 10.4 points per game, 5-4 rebounds per game, 59 assists, 46 steals; team records: 26-5 overall, 17-0 KIAC.
• Marley Edwards (Harding softball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 6-for-18, two runs scored, one double; top performance: 2-for-4 with a double and a run scored in the Bisons’ 3-2 home victory in eight innings against Delta State last Tuesday in the second game of a doubleheader; notes: Edwards smacked the game-winning single in the bottom of the eighth; team records: 15-14 overall, 7-9 Great American Conference.
• Patrick Elliott (Ball State men’s tennis, Jr.) — weekly stats: 1-1 singles record, 2-0 doubles record; top performance: No. 1 singles victory (6-3, 6-0) and No. 2 doubles win (8-2) in the Cardinals’ 7-0 triumph over North Dakota last Friday in Las Vegas; team record: 7-8.
• Evan Maschmeyer (St. Joseph’s (Pa.) men’s basketball, Jr.) — notes: 0-of-1 from the field in the Hawks’ 67-48 victory over St. Bonaventure in the semifinals of the Atlantic 10 Conference tournament on Saturday in Brooklyn, N.Y.; Maschmeyer and St. Joseph’s won the Atlantic 10 tournament title on Sunday with a 65-61 victory over Virginia Commonwealth in the championship game; the Hawks earned an automatic berth into the NCAA Tournament; they will play Connecticut in the second round on Thursday in Buffalo, N.Y.; team records: 24-9 overall, 11-5 Atlantic 10.
• Jalynn McClain (Western Kentucky women’s basketball, So.) — weekly stats: 1.3 points per game, 2-12 field goals, nine rebounds, four assists; notes: five rebounds, two points and two assists in the Hilltoppers’ 66-62 victory over Arkansas-Little Rock last Friday at the Sun Belt Conference tournament in New Orleans; McClain and WKU defeated Arkansas State on Saturday in the Sun Belt tournament final, earning an automatic berth in this week’s NCAA tournament; team records: 24-8 overall, 14-5 Sun Belt.
• Mark Meyer (Parkland baseball, Fr.) — notes: losing pitcher in a starting role in the Cobras’ 8-1 loss against Gloucester County College 10-1 loss last Wednesday in Florida, 4 1/3 innings pitched, six runs allowed (four earned), seven hits, four strikeouts, three walks; team record: 7-7; Meyer’s record: 0-1.
• Ryan Pierce (Bellarmine baseball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 0-for-2; notes: 0-for-1 as a pinch hitter in both the Knights’ 3-2 home loss to William Jewell on Saturday in the first game of a doubleheader and their 4-0 home setback to William Jewell on Sunday in Game 2 of a twinbill; team record: 6-7.
• Morgan Reilly (Evangel (Mo.) women’s tennis, Fr.) — weekly stats: 1-0 singles record, 2-0 doubles record; top performance: No. 6 singles victory and No. 3 doubles win in Evangel’s 6-3 home triumph over Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.) on Saturday; team record: 5-3.
• Kayleigh Thomas (Southern softball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 0-2 record, seven innings pitched, 10 runs allowed (five earned), 12 hits, five strikeouts, three walks; notes: losing pitcher in a starting role in the Jaguars’ 6-5 loss at Southeastern Louisiana last Wednesday, 2 1/3 innings pitched, three runs allowed (all earned), five hits, two strikeouts, one walk; team record: 0-17; Thomas’ record: 0-9.