> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETES OF THE WEEK
• Meghan Jones (Bellarmine women’s track, Floyd Central graduate, Jr.) — top performances: first in four events — 200-meter dash (25.19), 400 (57.0), 1,600 relay (4:00.57) and high jump (5-7 3/4) — at the Great Lakes Valley Conference Indoor Championships last weekend in Indianapolis; notes: Jones has been named the GLVC Field Athlete of the Year; the Knights won both the GLVC Indoor Championships last weekend and the DePauw Classic on Saturday, Feb. 16; at GLVC — first in 200 preliminaries (25.16), second in 400 prelims (59.29); at DePauw Classic — first in the 200 dash (25.37, meet record), second in the high jump (5-2 1/4).
• Jeff Thompson (Louisville baseball, Floyd Central graduate, Jr.) — bi-weekly stats: 2-0 record, 11 innings pitched, no runs allowed, eight hits, four walks, 17 strikeouts; top performance: winning pitcher in a starting role in the Cardinals’ 10-1 victory over South Florida on Saturday, Feb. 16 in the Big East/Big Ten Challenge in Clearwater, Fla., no runs allowed, four hits, one walk, career-high 12 strikeouts; notes: Thompson was named the Big East Baseball Pitcher of the Week on Monday, Feb. 18; the 12 strikeouts against South Florida was a Big East/Big Ten Challenge record; team record: 6-1; Thompson’s record: 2-0.
• Brandon Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: Beam saw action in the Titans’ 64-46 loss to St. Xavier last Friday in the Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference Tournament semifinals in Milwaukee; season-ending stats: 1.5 points per game; team records: 20-12 overall, 17-8 CCAC.
• Chris Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, Jr.) — weekly stats: 5.8 points per game, 7-of-12 field goals, 3-of-5 3-pointers, 6-of-6 free throws, six rebounds, three steals; top performance: team-high 16 points, shooting 4-of-10 from the field, 2-of-2 from 3-point range and 6-of-6 from the line, three rebounds and team-high two steals in the Titans’ 67-62 overtime home loss on Wednesday, Feb. 13; season-ending stats: 10.8 points per game, 72 assists; team records: 20-12 overall, 17-8 Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference.
• Andrea Rademacher (Indiana State women’s basketball, Jr.) — notes: one rebound and one steals in the Sycamores’ 77-64 victory on Saturday, Feb. 16 at Southern Illinois; team records: 16-9 overall, 8-6 Missouri Valley Conference.