> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
TUESDAY, JAN. 9
• Charlestown at Rock Creek: The Lions upset Floyd Central at the tournament in Richmond. A follow-up win over Charlestown could cement Rock Creek as a sectional contender.
FRIDAY, JAN. 11
• Corydon Central at Clarksville: Two of the three unbeaten Mid-Southern Conference teams meet just a week from Friday.
SATURDAY, JAN. 12
• Jeffersonville at Providence: When Jeff and Providence play, there really doesn’t need to be any extra storylines. However, if the Pioneers enter 10-0 — and possibly with a No. 1 ranking — how big will this game become?
FRIDAY, JAN. 18
• Borden at Christian Academy: CAI has shown glimpses of being a sectional contender. Against the heavy Sectional 62 favorite, the Warriors get a chance to prove it to themselves and everyone else.
SATURDAY, JAN. 19
• Jeffersonville at Columbus East: Entering 2013, the Olympians are on top of the Hoosier Hills Conference standings at 3-0 with Jeffersonville right behind at 2-0. This game could determine the league champion.
TUESDAY, JAN. 22
• Providence at Silver Creek: They avoided each other in the holiday tournament, but it’s entertaining almost every time the Pioneers and Dragons meet.
FRIDAY, JAN. 25
• Borden at Orleans: Despite a lack of proximity, this has become one of the best rivalries in all of Southern Indiana. A second meeting in the Class A regional seems likely again in 2013.
• Jeffersonville at Bedford North Lawrence: If Jeff can get by New Albany and East, it will have a chance to clinch at least a share of the conference title with a win at Bedford.
FRIDAY, FEB. 1
• Providence at New Albany: Providence hasn’t won at New Albany in six years. The Pioneers have to believe they have a chance to leave the Dog House with a rare victory.
• Clarksville at Brownstown Central: Although Corydon could be a factor, the MSC figures to come down to the Generals and Braves on Feb. 1.