> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Brittany Stover (William and Mary gymnastics, New Albany graduate, So.) — top performance: first in the vault at the Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference Championships on Saturday in Philadelphia, 9.825; notes: third in the all-around, 38.775; fourth in the uneven parallel bars, 9.750; Stover scored 9.600 on both the balance beam and floor exercise; Stover was named the ECAC Gymnast of the Year on Saturday; she also earned a spot on the All-ECAC team; Stover earned ECAC Gymnast of the Week honors for the seventh time this season last Wednesday.
• Brian Eurton (St. Joseph’s men’s track, Fr.) — top performance: second in the 1,500-meter run at the Gene and Rose Edmonds Invitational on Saturday in Rensselaer, Ind., 4:17.48.
• Chris Braun (IU Southeast men’s tennis, Fr.) — top performance: No. 2 doubles win (8-3) in the Grenadiers’ 7-2 victory at Brescia on Saturday; team records: 3-3 overall, 2-0 Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Alli Webster (Wabash Valley softball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 2-0 record, 11 innings pitched, two runs allowed (both earned), four hits, 11 strikeouts, no walks; top performance: winning pitcher in a starting role in the Warriors’ 9-0 home victory in six innings over John A. Logan College last Thursday in the nightcap of a doubleheader; team records: 20-5 overall, 10-0 Great Rivers Athletic Conference; Webster’s record: 6-2.
• Tyler Willinger (Calhoun Community College baseball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 5-for-16, three runs scored, two RBIs, one double; top performance: 3-for-4 with three runs scored and two RBIs in the Warhawks’ 14-1 victory in five innings at Martin Methodist last Tuesday in Game 1 of a doubleheader; team records: 17-12 overall, 6-3 Alabama Community College Conference.
• Drew Kissel (St. Catharine (Ky.) baseball, So.) — weekly stats: 4-for-9, four RBIs, two doubles; top performance: 2-for-4 with a double and two RBIs in the Patriots’ 7-1 win at Bluefield (Va.) last Friday; team records: 13-14 overall, 7-5 Mid-South Conference.
• Deahna Welcher (Lipscomb women’s tennis, Jr.) — weekly stats: 0-2 singles record, 0-2 doubles record; notes: No. 1 singles loss (6-3, 6-0) and No. 1 doubles setback (8-2) in the Bisons’ 4-3 home victory over South Carolina-Upstate last Friday; team records: 8-6 overall, 2-2 Atlantic Sun Conference.