NEW WASHINGTON —
CONFERENCE MEETS THIS WEEKEND
The seven Clark-Floyd area wrestling programs will be competing in their respective conference meets on Saturday.
Floyd Central, Jeffersonville and New Albany will participate in the Hoosier Hills Conference meet at Seymour. Charlestown, Christian Academy, New Washington and Providence will wrestle in the Southern Indiana Wrestling Conference meet at Southwestern.
The following is the area seeded wrestlers for the HHC meet:
• FLOYD CENTRAL: 106 — Terrence Kennedy, first; 120 — Chris Whitley, first; 126 — Austin Ward, third; 132 — Tre Marler, first; 138 — Cory Troutman, first; 145 — George Emily, first; 152 — John Meldrum, third; 160 — Chase Herron, first; 170 — Ian Bagwell, second; 182 — Jackson Randall, first; 195 — Brennan Banet, second; 220 — Nick Ottersbach, first.
• JEFFERSONVILLE: 106 — Stevie Jones, second; 113 — Jasi Coureur, first; 120 — JoJo DeLeon, fifth; 126 — Xavier Weekley, sixth; 132 — Oscar DeLeon, fifth; 138 — Nick Stewart, third; 152 — Tyler Fridley, fifth; 160 — David Fridley, fourth; 170 — Daniel Thompson, third; 182 — Brandon Spangler, fifth; 195 — Aamil Haleem, sixth; 220 — Gary Gaines, sixth; 285 — Gavan Jolley-Little, first.
• NEW ALBANY: 106 — Lunden Bradford, sixth; 113 — Damon Dillion, third; 120 — Bryce Peavler, third; 126 — Austin Jamison, first; 132 — Tre Lynch, sixth; 145 — Hunter Castleberry, sixth; 152 — Gage Lewis, sixth; 170 — Ethan Lee, sixth; 195 — Nick Lynch, third; 285 — Wayne Byrd, sixth.
Seeds for the SIWC meet were not available at press time.
NEWS AND NOTES
• Highlanders second at Old Capitol Classic: Last Saturday, Floyd Central wound up second at the Old Capitol Classic in Corydon, finishing five points behind meet champion Zionsville.
Five Highlanders took home individual titles in Kennedy, Marler, Meldrum, Herron and Ottersbach. Finishing second for Floyd Central were Bagwell, Troutman and Michael Kruer, who entered the meet unseeded.
Also for the Highlanders, Lance Youtsey and Sean Brown, who also was unseeded, each finished third, Banet was fourth and Tanner Nifong and Chase Shalosky each placed seventh.
• Jeff goes 1-4 at Franklin: Last Saturday, Jeffersonville went 1-4 in a six-way meet at Franklin. The Red Devils took on some very tough competition, which included the host Grizzly Cubs, perennial Indiana powers Yorktown and Indianapolis Ben Davis and Michigan powerhouse Holt.
Jolley-Little and Coureur each went undefeated during the tournament.
CO-WRESTLERS OF THE WEEK
Jeffersonville’s Gavan Jolley-Little and Jasi Coureur
Each wrestler went 5-0 against some tough competition in a six-way meet at Indiana perennial power Franklin last Saturday.
TEAM OF THE WEEK
The Highlanders finished a narrow second to Zionsville at the Old Capitol Classic in Corydon last weekend. Five Highlanders collected individual titles.