NEW ALBANY —
IU Southeast canned food drive
The IU Southeast athletic department is hosting a canned food drive to benefit the Salvation Army in New Albany. The campaign begins at this weekend’s games and lasts through Saturday, Dec. 15.
Fans who are attending games from Nov. 30-Dec. 15 are asked to donate canned food items into boxes placed near the entrance to the Southeast Activities Building. Each person who donates will receive a $2 discount off their original ticket price.
“We are pleased to partner with the Salvation Army during this special time of year,” IU Southeast athletic director Joe Glover said. “Participating in local service initiatives are an important part of being a good community partner. The generosity of our community has always impressed me, and we are happy to play a small role in serving others during this holiday season.”
The canned food drive game days are the following:
• Friday: Point Park (men’s basketball game), 5 p.m.
• Friday: Point Park (women’s basketball game), 7 p.m.
• Saturday: Carlow (women’s game), 1 p.m.
• Saturday, Dec. 8: Spalding (men’s game), 2 p.m.
• Wednesday, Dec. 12: Grace (women’s game), 7 p.m.
• Friday, Dec. 14: University of the Cumberlands (men’s game), 7 p.m.
• Saturday, Dec. 15: Taylor (women’s game), 2 p.m.
NEW ALBANY —
- Local Sports
BOYS' BASKETBALL: Bulldog seniors prove skeptics wrong
Trio has been huge for New Albany in 2013-14
HARDWOOD AFTERMATH: Revisiting Dragons’ unforgettable run
Hibbard comes through for New Albany
COLLEGE SPORTS: IU Southeast baseball knocks off Hanover
Heines, Leanhart win KIAC honors
COLLEGE NOTEBOOK: March 11, 2014
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Brittany Stover (William & Mary gymnastics, New Albany graduate, So.)
CLASS 3A NORTH HARRISON SECTIONAL: Dragons finish off Braves, incredible sectional run
Silver Creek capture first sectional since 2000, 37-36 over No. 8 Brownstown
CLASS 4A SEYMOUR SECTIONAL: Bulldogs claim first title since 2011
Hibbard 3s help New Albany beat Jennings, 55-49
CLASS 2A PAOLI SECTIONAL: Generals win back-to-back crowns
Clarksville takes big early lead, holds on for 41-32 win over crosstown rival
CLASS A BORDEN SECTIONAL: Lions fall in overtime to Lanesville
Late surge not enough for Rock Creek in 68-65 loss
- PHOTO GALLERY: Boys' basketball sectional semifinals Featured teams include New Albany, Charlestown, Silver Creek, Rock Creek, Christian Academy, and Borden.
CLASS 3A NORTH HARRISON SECTIONAL: Silver Creek upsets No. 6 Corydon, 74-51
Dragons will face No. 7 Brownstown in tonight’s title game
- More Local Sports Headlines
- BOYS' BASKETBALL: Bulldog seniors prove skeptics wrong