NEW ALBANY —
IU Southeast canned food drive
The IU Southeast athletic department is hosting a canned food drive to benefit the Salvation Army in New Albany. The campaign begins at this weekend’s games and lasts through Saturday, Dec. 15.
Fans who are attending games from Nov. 30-Dec. 15 are asked to donate canned food items into boxes placed near the entrance to the Southeast Activities Building. Each person who donates will receive a $2 discount off their original ticket price.
“We are pleased to partner with the Salvation Army during this special time of year,” IU Southeast athletic director Joe Glover said. “Participating in local service initiatives are an important part of being a good community partner. The generosity of our community has always impressed me, and we are happy to play a small role in serving others during this holiday season.”
The canned food drive game days are the following:
• Friday: Point Park (men’s basketball game), 5 p.m.
• Friday: Point Park (women’s basketball game), 7 p.m.
• Saturday: Carlow (women’s game), 1 p.m.
• Saturday, Dec. 8: Spalding (men’s game), 2 p.m.
• Wednesday, Dec. 12: Grace (women’s game), 7 p.m.
• Friday, Dec. 14: University of the Cumberlands (men’s game), 7 p.m.
• Saturday, Dec. 15: Taylor (women’s game), 2 p.m.
NEW ALBANY —
- Local Sports
HIGH SCHOOL BOYS’ BASKETBALL: McEwen gets Clarksville job
Former Generals’ assistant promoted to head coach Tuesday
• SUMMER HANGOUT — HENRYVILLE VOLLEYBALL: High standards
Hornets set goal of 20 wins in ‘14
AMERICAN LEGION BASEBALL: Floyds Knobs falls to Terre Haute, 4-3
Post 42 gives up two in eighth at state
- LINDLEY: Sideshows involving Rice, Dungy stain NFL’s image
COLTS CAMP: Looking back at Week 1 of Colts Camp
10,000 fans attended practices
LITTLE LEAGUE BASEBALL: New Albany 9-10s win fourth consecutive state title
All-Stars bomb Dyer 10-1 for crown, outscore state opponents 60-7
LITTLE LEAGUE SOFTBALL: JEFF/GRC claims Junior state championship
Jeff outscores opponents 72-8 at state level
LEGION BASEBALL: Post 42 wins regional, headed to state for first time
Burke walkoff double sends Floyds Knobs past host Madison, 5-4
LITTLE LEAGUE SOFTBALL: Jeff runs by Riverfield 14-4 in state opener
District 5 champions finish with 15 hits, nine stolen bases
LITTLE LEAGUE ROUNDUP: New Albany 9-10s blank Highlands
Juniors finish third at South Bend
- More Local Sports Headlines
- HIGH SCHOOL BOYS’ BASKETBALL: McEwen gets Clarksville job