The Clark County Sheriff’s Department is asking for the public’s help in identifying a suspect in an attempted burglary in Charlestown.
Detective Rachael Lee said a woman was inside her residence on the 1900 block of Ind. 160 when she heard her doorbell at about 12:30 p.m. Friday.
“By the time she got up and looked around, no one was there,” Lee said. “The she heard some noises from the back of the house.”
She found a male utilizing a tool to attempt to gain entrance to her house from a rear door. The woman confronted the suspect, and he fled.
The suspect is described as a white male, about 5 feet 9 or 10 inches, in his late 20s or early 30 with black hair in a crew cut style and wearing a blue lightweight jacket.
Lee said she would like to speak to anyone who saw the suspect’s vehicle in the area of the attempted burglary late Friday morning or early Friday afternoon.
The vehicle is described as a white full-size pickup truck, probably a late ’90s or early 2000s model. Lee said there is a silver toolbox in the front part of the bed. The truck appears to be an extended cab but is not as deep, and it has a “suicide door.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Lee at 812-283-4471.
Attempted burglar fled after confrontation with homeowner
- Most Wanted
MOST WANTED: Floyd County — July 2010
All information will be kept confidential.
Police seek public help finding five on outstanding warrants
Early morning on June 4, a multi-agency task force with more than 55 law enforcement officers in and around Floyd County set out to execute 54 felony warrants, nearly all of them drug cases.
Police arrested 44 of their targets as well as four others. In the days following the roundup, several others have been arrested. Five warrants remain outstanding as of Friday afternoon.
- Georgetown convenience store robbed at gunpoint The Floyd County Sheriff’s Department is seeking help to identify a suspect in a Georgetown armed robbery.
- Police seek help identifying man in attempted break-in The Clark County Sheriff’s Department is asking for the public’s help in identifying a suspect in an attempted burglary in Charlestown.
- Floyd police warn about woman offering to clean carpet The Floyd County Sheriff’s Department is warning about a possible scam artist reported in the 4400 block of St. Mary’s Road in Floyds Knobs.
- Police: Man stole purse from vehicle outside day care The Floyd County Sheriff’s Department is asking for the public’s help in identifying an alleged purse thief seen in store surveillance video.
- Woman pleads for thief to return patio furniture The red bows were still on her patio furniture, a Christmas gift from her family.
- Drive-by shooting reported The New Albany Police Department is investigating a drive-by shooting incident that occurred about 3:30 a.m. Wednesday morning in the Village Drive apartment complex.
- Police search for suspect in Walgreens robbery Police are investigating an armed robbery that occurred Tuesday before 2 p.m. at the Walgreens at 1702 E. Spring St. in New Albany.
- Salem man sought as person of interest in Washington Co. robbery
- More Most Wanted Headlines
- MOST WANTED: Floyd County — July 2010