The Floyd County Sheriff’s Department is seeking help to identify a suspect in a Georgetown armed robbery.
On Friday at approximately 7:45 p.m., police responded to a call of an armed robbery at Jacobi’s Gas and Food on Ind. 64, according to a crime alert sent out by the police department. No injuries were reported, and it was not disclosed how much money was taken.
The suspect was described as a white male in his early 20s and approximately 5 feet 5 or 6 inches tall. He was reportedly wearing a red University of Louisville sweatshirt and black sunglasses, and he displayed a handgun during the robbery.
Anyone with information about the crime is asked to contact the Floyd County Criminal Investigation Division at 812-948-5407.
Police asking for public’s help in catching robber
- Most Wanted
MOST WANTED: Floyd County — July 2010
All information will be kept confidential.
Police seek public help finding five on outstanding warrants
Early morning on June 4, a multi-agency task force with more than 55 law enforcement officers in and around Floyd County set out to execute 54 felony warrants, nearly all of them drug cases.
Police arrested 44 of their targets as well as four others. In the days following the roundup, several others have been arrested. Five warrants remain outstanding as of Friday afternoon.
- Georgetown convenience store robbed at gunpoint The Floyd County Sheriff’s Department is seeking help to identify a suspect in a Georgetown armed robbery.
- Police seek help identifying man in attempted break-in The Clark County Sheriff’s Department is asking for the public’s help in identifying a suspect in an attempted burglary in Charlestown.
- Floyd police warn about woman offering to clean carpet The Floyd County Sheriff’s Department is warning about a possible scam artist reported in the 4400 block of St. Mary’s Road in Floyds Knobs.
- Police: Man stole purse from vehicle outside day care The Floyd County Sheriff’s Department is asking for the public’s help in identifying an alleged purse thief seen in store surveillance video.
- Woman pleads for thief to return patio furniture The red bows were still on her patio furniture, a Christmas gift from her family.
- Drive-by shooting reported The New Albany Police Department is investigating a drive-by shooting incident that occurred about 3:30 a.m. Wednesday morning in the Village Drive apartment complex.
- Police search for suspect in Walgreens robbery Police are investigating an armed robbery that occurred Tuesday before 2 p.m. at the Walgreens at 1702 E. Spring St. in New Albany.
- Salem man sought as person of interest in Washington Co. robbery
- More Most Wanted Headlines
- MOST WANTED: Floyd County — July 2010