Aaron Wayne Duncan
35, of Charlestown
Funeral services for Aaron Wayne Duncan, 35, of Charlestown, will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 2, at Grayson Funeral Home in Charlestown, with burial in Charlestown Cemetery. He died Tuesday, Oct. 31, 2006, at his residence.
He was born Aug. 9, 1971, in Jeffersonville, the son of Herschel and Betty Woods Duncan.
Survivors besides his parents include a sister, Kim Gardner, Berea, Ky.; brother, Dale Duncan, Sellersburg; and his caregiver, Ella Scruggs, Charlestown.
Visitation at the funeral home will be after 9 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 2, until time of service.
James R. Oliver Jr.
48, wood worker
Funeral services for James R. Oliver Jr., 48, of Jeffersonville, will be held at 1 p.m. Friday, Nov. 3, at Coots Funeral Home, with burial to follow in Eastern Cemetery. He died Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2006, at Clark Memorial Hospital.
He was a native of Jeffersonville, born June 30, 1958, the son of James R. Oliver Sr. and Betty L. Oliver. He was a wood worker.
Survivors include his son, James R. Oliver III, Kennewick, Wash.; his mother, Betty L. Oliver, Jeffersonville; a brother, Jerry F. Oliver, Jeffersonville; three sisters, Russellene Hall, Utica, Linda S. Wyatt, Clarksville and Alice A. Winn, Clarksville; and two grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his father, James R. Oliver Sr.
Visitation at the funeral home will be from 2 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 2 and after 9 a.m. Friday.
Engarcia Bonita Hamby
71, of Charlestown
Funeral services for Engarcia Bonita Hamby, 71, of Charlestown, will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 4, at the Oak Street Chapel of Seabrook Dieckmann and Naville Funeral Homes, New Albany, with burial to follow in Fairview Cemetery. She died Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2006, at St. Catherine Regional Hospital, Charlestown.
She was born April 1, 1935 in Agana, Guam. She was a member of Sellersburg Full Gospel Church and was a homemaker.
Survivors include her husband, James A. Hamby; two sons, Anthony J. Hamby and his wife, Kathy F. Lane, New Albany and John Garcia, Barrgada, Guam; a niece, Fran Swettenam, Charlestown; grandchildren, Ashley McIntosh, Jason Hamby, Marisa Hamby and Nicole Lane; and two great-grandchildren.
- Denise M. Popp, 54; Borden
- Agatha Viola Jenkins Patterson , 97; Jeffersonville
- Frank Jeff Irvin , 87; Louisville
- Betty L. Hunter, 79; Jeffersonville
- Patti S. Howell, 57; Clarksdale, Miss.
- Paul A. “Buck” Carpenter, 80; New Albany
- Jewett ‘J.W.’ Borden Jr., 83; Winchester, Ky., formerly of New Albany
- Jul 29, 2014
- Robert Farrell Wade , 65; Charlestown
- Robert G. ‘Bob’ Van Horn , 71; New Albany
- George Morgan Richardson , 82; Charlestown
- Jo Ann McCall Kruer, 79; New Albany
- Marguerite A. Hoke , 99; New Albany
- Stanley L. Glass , 89; Floyds Knobs
- Lawrence Douglas Eskridge , 57; Georgetown
- Jo Ann Oldom Carmickle, 80; New Albany
- Gundar Mark Barton, 57; Jeffersonville
- Henry Lee Blanton, 69; Mauckport
- Nancy M. Koetter Denison, 74; New Albany
- Scott William Hussung, 56; New Middletown
- Jeffery P. Olson, 66; New Albany