Elmer C. ‘Buck’ Beickman 89; World War II veteran
Funeral services for Elmer C. “Buck” Beickman, 89, of Clarksville, will be held at 10 a.m. Monday, Jan. 8, at Scott Funeral Home’s North Chapel, with burial in Walnut Ridge Cemetery. He died Thursday, Jan. 4, 2007, at Floyd Memorial Hospital and Health Services.
He was born Oct. 17, 1917, in Brownstown to William and Lizzie Beickman. He married Verna Wesner Dec. 3, 1938, in Newport, Ky. She preceded him in death on July 14, 2003. He was also preceded in death by his parents and brothers, Leonard in infancy, and Raymond on Dec. 15, 2006. He retired from Liberty National Bank. He had also worked at the Jeffersonville Quartermaster and at Colgate’s. He was a veteran of World War II with two bronze battle stars, a member of the American Legion Post 35, and the Falls Lodge 749 in Clarksville. He was a member of Faith Lutheran Church for over 50 years.
Survivors include his son, Bill (Vanessa) Beickman, Clarksville; a grandson, Maxwell Dalton; brothers, Richard (Myrt) Beickman, Clarksville, Herbert Beichman, Seymour and Wilbert (Bert) Beickman, Brownstown; a sister, Louise (Ray) Younger, Brownstown; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Visitation at Scott Funeral Home’s North Chapel will be from 3 to 8 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 7.
The family requests expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to the church. Envelopes will be available at the funeral home.
Catherine S. Fusco Conlin 92; St. Augustine Church member
Funeral services for Catherine S. Fusco Conlin, 92, of Jeffersonville, will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 10, at Sacred Heart Catholic Church, with burial to follow in St. Anthony Cemetery. She died Friday, Jan. 5, 2007, at her home.
She was born Sept. 18, 1914, to Marion Fusco and Anna Shober in Jeffersonville.
She worked for Wm. J. Conlin Plumbing and Heating from 1942 until 1965 and at ICI America from 1965 to 1974. She was a member of St. Augustine Church. Her favorite times of life were taking care of children and Jazzercise which she continued to age 87.
- Clyde Coffey Arnold, 92; Lexington, Ky.
- Terry Wayne Cade, 61; Clarksville
- Dale Allen Hall, 63; New Albany
- Janet Marie Woosnam Waters, 72; Clarksville
- Kenneth Glenn Sullivan, 62; Jeffersonville
- Evlyn Ann Steitler, 73; Jeffersonville
- Lowell O. Smith , 82; Palmyra
- Frances Lee Simms, 68; Charlestown
- Sherri Lynn Sizemore Sexton, 43; Memphis
- Emma Jean Sadler, 88; New Albany
- General Jackson Hunter II , 97; Jeffersonville
- Rev. Ernest G. Gowens , 90; Clarksville
- Joseph ‘Joe’ Allen Eads Jr., 49; Jeffersonville
- John Edward Daubs, 67; Charlestown
- Louis L. Baker, 75; Borden
- Doris Marilyn Beller, 86; Charlestown
- Mary J. Craig 87; Jeffersonville
- Sarah E. (Whittle) Graf, 87; Clarksville
- Jo Anne McFarland, 64; Jeffersonville
- Ruby Jo (Hart) Nichols, 86; New Albany