De Anna King, 65, of Jeffersonville
Funeral services for De Anna King, 65, of Jeffersonville, will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 2, at First Baptist Church, Jeffersonville, with burial in Kraft-Graceland Cemetery. She died Monday, July 30, 2007, at Jewish Hospital, Louisville.
She was a native of Floyds Knobs, a member of First Baptist Church, Jeffersonville, a volunteer for Actors Theatre of Louisville and worked at Your Community Bank in New Albany.
Survivors include three daughters, Kathryn Williamson and husband, Rodney, Jeffersonville, Amy Johnson and husband, Rick, Mt. Sterling, Ky., and Cheri Miller and husband, Larry, Henryville; a son, Ross Roll and wife, Beth, Santa Claus; four brothers, Dan Mahan and wife, Barbara, Grand Bay, Ala., Ken Mahan and wife, Faye, LaPlace, La., Bill Mahan and wife, Kathy, Butler, Ala. and Mike Mahan, Grand Bay, Ala.; a sister, Linda Bernard and husband, Dan, Lucedale, Miss.; and 12 grandchildren.
Visitation at Scott Funeral Home’s North Chapel will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today, Wednesday, Aug. 1.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to the First Baptist Church, Jeffersonville.
Envelopes will be available at the funeral home.
John Chovan Sr., 92, of New Albany
John Chovan Sr., 92, of New Albany, died Wednesday, July 18, 2007, at his home.
He was formerly of Canton, Ohio, and a graduate of Massillon High School in Massillon, Ohio. He was Superintendent of Transportation and Labor for Republic Steel Corporation. He was a longtime member of Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canton.
He is survived by his wife of 66 years, Ann Chovan. They were married Oct. 19, 1940, in Massillon, Ohio. He is also survived by son, John P. Chovan and his wife, Mary, New Albany; two grandsons, John M. Chovan and his wife, Stephanie, New Albany and Scott Chovan and his wife, Shelley, West Chester, Ohio; a granddaughter, Ann Barnett and her husband, David, Sellersburg; four great-grandchildren, Abigail, Austin, Alex and Tyler; a brother, Milan Chovan and his wife, Joan, Massillon, Ohio; three sisters, Irene Marsh, Perry Heights, Ohio, Mildred Peach, Henderson, Nev. and Rosella Williams, North Canton, Ohio; and several nieces and nephews.
- Apr 17, 2014
- Herbert Howard Barker, 78; Jeffersonville
- Ethel Mae Austin, 94; New Albany
- Larry S. Ballew, 63; New Albany
- Larry Wayne Carpenter, 50; New Albany
- Edward L. Gedling, 76; Floyds Knobs
- Charles Joseph Linkogle, 77; Jeffersonville
- Mary ‘Virginia’ Mathews, 95; Jeffersonville
- James W. Milligan, 73; Palmyra
- Herbert Willard Nevins, 72; New Albany
- Charles B. Robinson, 77; Sellersburg
- Philip ‘Wayne’ Schulz, 63; Jeffersonville
- Juanita Marie Purcell Shelton, 80; New Albany
- Apr 16, 2014
- Clyde Coffey Arnold, 92; Lexington, Ky.
- Terry Wayne Cade, 61; Clarksville
- Dale Allen Hall, 63; New Albany
- Janet Marie Woosnam Waters, 72; Clarksville
- Apr 14, 2014
- Kenneth Glenn Sullivan, 62; Jeffersonville
- Evlyn Ann Steitler, 73; Jeffersonville
- Lowell O. Smith , 82; Palmyra
- Frances Lee Simms, 68; Charlestown