... to local business owner Roger Baylor for promoting the “buy local” idea. Supporting our local farmers and merchants is good for everyone in this area.
— Joseph Moore, Edwardsville
... to Angel Jackson, of Utica, who was instrumental in the production of the Clark County Casting and Conservation Club’s gun-safety seminar held Feb. 9.
Jackson is a member of the CCCC Club Ladies Auxiliary and did a tremendous amount of work putting the program together that provided gun-safety tips to the nearly 125 people who attended the hour-long seminar.
I could not have been able to put this together without her.
— Tony Johnson, CCCC Club member
... To the city of New Albany [Jeff Gahan and City Council] for not helping the Vintage Fire Museum obtain funding to remain in New Albany.
They can find money to buy buildings to tear down to make a park [Pearl and Spring streets]. The fire museum would be a draw to get people to visit New Albany and possibly generate some revenue for us. But, like anything worth having, we let neighboring communities have it. I really wish you could come up with a way to keep the museum in our community.
— Vicky Habermel, New Albany
— Do you have someone or something to cheer or jeer? Submissions should be sent to Editor Shea Van Hoy at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at 221 Spring St., Jeffersonville, IN, 47130.
- SUDDEATH: Flames spark need for better enforcement
- MAY: At last
- VAN HOY: Election season guidelines for candidates, readers
- ANDERSON: Is hope out of reach?
- BEAM: You get what you give
- STANCZYKIEWICZ: Poverty, inequality and opportunity
- CUMMINS: Is life passing you by?
- DODD: Thanks for the laughs
- CHEERS AND JEERS — For March 1-2
- NEAL: Corydon elm symbol of state’s founding
- More Opinions Headlines