CLARKSVILLE — Clarksville firefighters cut a hole in the roof while battling a fire in a third-floor apartment at Westminster Village, 2200 Greentree North, in Clarksville Monday night. The fire broke out in an upstairs apartment around 7:15 p.m. Residents had to be evacuated from the building and some were rescued from an elevator. There did not appear to be any serious injuries at the scene. Several residents were sitting in the side yard of the senior living facility wrapped in blankets. The resident of the apartment was not injured. Jeffersonville’s Fire Department was also called to the scene. Firefighters were still at the scene as of press time.
- Police & Fire News
VIDEO: William Clyde Gibson Sentencing Hearing
Floyd County Prosecutor Keith Henderson talks to area media during the sentencing hearing of New Albany convicted serial killer William Clyde Gibson.
- Police: Southern Indiana man tried to sell two children for $7,500
- Early morning Louisville pursuit ends in New Albany
- JAIL ACTIVITY — For Friday, July 25
- CSI: Charlestown — Youth Outreach Division
- New Albany man pleads to sexual abuse
- Man who led police on chase in Clark County was on parole for killing girlfriend in Utah
- New rules for Clark County Drug Court
- Jeffersonville man arrested in Louisville after pursuit
- Man leads police on chase from Jeffersonville into Louisville
- More Police & Fire News Headlines
- VIDEO: William Clyde Gibson Sentencing Hearing