CLARKSVILLE — Clarksville firefighters cut a hole in the roof while battling a fire in a third-floor apartment at Westminster Village, 2200 Greentree North, in Clarksville Monday night. The fire broke out in an upstairs apartment around 7:15 p.m. Residents had to be evacuated from the building and some were rescued from an elevator. There did not appear to be any serious injuries at the scene. Several residents were sitting in the side yard of the senior living facility wrapped in blankets. The resident of the apartment was not injured. Jeffersonville’s Fire Department was also called to the scene. Firefighters were still at the scene as of press time.
- Police & Fire News
Clarksville pursuit ends in Louisville
The pursuit of a stolen vehicle early Friday morning began near Lewis and Clark Parkway in Clarksville and ended with a crash in Louisville.
- Memorial to celebrate life of murdered Clarksville teen
- Pence honors New Chapel firefighter
- New Albany woman sentenced in sex role play murder
- Woman injured in Floyd County accident
- Jeffersonville man gets 100-year prison term
- Police searching for Jeffersonville shooter
- Memphis fugitive found under mattress in Charlestown
- Jeffersonville bank robber arrested
- Floyd County to pay $140,000 in residual Camm trial fees
- More Police & Fire News Headlines
- Clarksville pursuit ends in Louisville