By GARY POPP
Firefighters responded to a fire at a Greenville home Christmas Day.
An electric space heater is believed to be the culprit that sparked the fire in a bedroom of the home about 1:30 p.m., officials say, but the cause has not been officially determined.
The occupants were not in the home at 4301 Alonzo Smith Road during the blaze, and officials reported no one was harmed during the incident.
The fire was contained to the bedroom after firefighters with Lafayette Township Fire Department forced their way through the home’s front door. Greenville and Georgetown fire crews also responded, and the scene was cleared about 4 p.m.
Officials with Georgetown Township Volunteer Fire Department said it remains unclear if the electric heater was turned on when the fire began. Fire officials are continuing to investigate the cause of the fire.