CLARKSVILLE — ’Tis the season for holiday cheer, giving, and basketball. The Clarksville High School Generals combined all three for the first ever Clarksville Basketball “Teddy Toss” during Clarksville's varsity basktball game against Jeffersonville. Those who brought in a teddy bear received a ticket for a free hot dog and drink during the game. In an effort to give back to the children of the community, the Student-Athlete Committee of CHS accepted teddy bear donations between the third and fourth quarters of the varsity game. To bring excitement to the event, participants threw their teddy bears onto the floor between the third and fourth quarters. The teddy bears were collected by CHS SAAC members and distributed to children in need in the area. See related photo.
Teddy bear toys tossed for charity
- Ex-Borden teacher faces child porn charges
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic School lists 2014-15 schedule information
Getting ready for school in New Albany
Free school supplies were available, as well as refreshments, activities and games.
- SHOPPING SPREE: Salvation Army in Clarksville hosts annual back-to-school clothing giveaway
- Rock Creek Community Academy lists 2014-15 schedule, registration information
- Students, parents get a taste of Clarksville’s Renaissance Academy
- Greater Clark County Schools lists 2014-15 registration, schedule information
- Collaborate and listen: Greater Clark conference focuses on online connections to experts
- Our Lady of Providence lists 2014-15 schedule, registration information
- Indiana schools require more Internet access; Clark and Floyd already poised
- More Education/Schools Headlines