CLARKSVILLE — ’Tis the season for holiday cheer, giving, and basketball. The Clarksville High School Generals combined all three for the first ever Clarksville Basketball “Teddy Toss” during Clarksville's varsity basktball game against Jeffersonville. Those who brought in a teddy bear received a ticket for a free hot dog and drink during the game. In an effort to give back to the children of the community, the Student-Athlete Committee of CHS accepted teddy bear donations between the third and fourth quarters of the varsity game. To bring excitement to the event, participants threw their teddy bears onto the floor between the third and fourth quarters. The teddy bears were collected by CHS SAAC members and distributed to children in need in the area. See related photo.
Teddy bear toys tossed for charity
- Great start for school: New Albany-Floyd County schools teachers get a boost from foundation
- Indiana teachers worry about revamped ISTEP test
- Indiana higher education head proposes changes to federal aid
- Community Montessori lists 2014-15 school calendar
- Riverstage group revitalizes New Albany amphitheater
- Extra credit
- Ex-Borden teacher faces child porn charges
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic School lists 2014-15 schedule information
Getting ready for school in New Albany
Free school supplies were available, as well as refreshments, activities and games.
- SHOPPING SPREE: Salvation Army in Clarksville hosts annual back-to-school clothing giveaway
- More Education/Schools Headlines