SELLERSBURG — West Clark County Schools will begin classes on Thursday, July 31, 2014.
Registration dates and times:
303 West St., Borden
Principal, Lisa Hawkins
July 23 and July 24 from 1 to 4 p.m. and 5 to 7:30 p.m.
213 N. Ferguson, Henryville
Principal, Glenn Riggs
July 22, 23, and 24 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 3:30 p.m.
Silver Creek Primary School
8604 Commerce Park Drive, Sellersburg
Principal, Sandy Myers
July 21 – Kindergarten only from 5 to 8 p.m.
July 22 – 1st grade only from 5 to 8 p.m.
Silver Creek Elementary
503 N. Indiana Ave., Sellersburg
Principal, Dr. David Losey
New Registration Procedures are as follows:
1. Online registration by parent/guardian using any computer with Internet connection. Computer registration completed from home, library, work, etc.
2. For parents/guardians without any computer access, the SCES computer lab will be open for parents to complete registration.
3. For new students to Silver Creek Elementary and did not attend Silver Creek Primary in grade one, the SCES computer lab will be opened for new family registration.
4. Book rental bill (statement) will be sent to you through email. Please provide a working email or create one.
Online registration began July 7. We expect to open online registration from your personal computers on July 7. The registration system will be open 24 hours per day. Parents will need their child’s WEB ID and password. That is the same information you normally use for checking your child’s grades and lunch account balances.
July 22 from 2 to 6 p.m. for new students only in grades 2, 3, 4, and 5 who did not attend SCES or SCPS prior. You will go to the computer lab to complete your registration. Bring birth certificate, immunizations, and proof of residency such as a utility bill.
July 23 from 2 to 6 p.m. for returning students in grades 2 and 3 – Only for parents who need computer help.
July 24 from 2 to 6 p.m. for returning students in grades 4 and 5 – Only for parents who need computer help.
All students will be mailed a textbook rental bill after completion of online registration.
Avoid long registration lines on Computer Help days by registering at home. More details for online registration will be sent to parent email addresses, also posted on Facebook at facebook.com/silvercreekelementary and through text messages.
Silver Creek Middle School
495 N. Indiana Ave., Sellersburg
Principal, Al Eckert
July 22 - 9 to 11:30 a.m.. New students Only (not previously enrolled) (Not Out of District Transfers)
July 23 – 9 to 11:30 a.m., Grade 6 for Face to Face Registration. From 1 to 4 p.m. will be Online registration assistance in computer lab
July 24 – 9 to 11:30 a.m. for Grade 7 for Face to Face Registration. From 1 to 4 p.m. will be Online registration assistance in computer lab.
July 25 – 9 to 11:30 a.m. for grade 8 for Face to Face Registration. From 1 to 4 p.m. will be Online registration assistance in computer lab.
Online Registration will be available beginning mid July. Mass emails will be sent to parents with instructions.
Borden Junior/Senior High School
301 West St., Borden
Principal, Lisa Nale
July 24- 2 to 7 p.m.
July 25- 8 to 11 a.m. and noon to 3 p.m.
Registration forms will be mailed to all current students the week of July 14. Forms and payment may be mailed or returned during registration times.
July 29 – 7th grade and New Student Orientation at 6:30 p.m.
Seventh grade orientation and new students will be held in the Group Presentation Room of Borden High School. Orientation will help the students familiarize themselves with the building and outline school policies. The students and parents will have the opportunity to meet various staff members.
Henryville Junior/Senior High School
213 N. Ferguson, Henryville
Principal, Troy Albert
• Current students entering grades 7-12 will receive a letter in the mail approximately 7 to 10 days prior to the first day of school on Thursday, July 31, 2014, including the new schedule of classes and the fee statement for 2014-15 school year.
• Current students requesting a schedule change will be asked to contact the Henryville Junior Senior High School Guidance Department 812-294-1455 for an appointment the week of July 24 - July 31, during regular business hours, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
New Henryville Jr. Sr. High students requesting the building of a new schedule need to set an appointment with the Guidance Department on July 24 from 1 to 5 p.m. and July 25 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Seventh grade orientation will be at 6 p.m., July 24 for all incoming seventh grade students and parents, at the Group Presentation Room of Henryville Junior Senior High School. There will be student tours to help with the transition.
• All student will receive a student folder on July 31 along with the student handbook with demographic information and other information that will be helpful in assisting students having a successful year. The students will be asked to return the information to the First Block Black classroom teacher.
• Student fees will be paid by mail with a check or money order or in person from July 23 to Aug. 29, with ECA Treasurer Theresa Yaeger. All checks and money orders should be addressed to Henryville Jr. Sr. High School.
• Students wishing to participate in high school athletes in the fall (boys tennis, girls volleyball, cross country, girls golf and soccer) are reminded to have a physical on file in the Athletic Office prior for the opening day of practice. Girls golf will open on Monday, Aug. 1 and all other fall sports will begin practice on Monday, Aug. 4. IHSAA physical forms can be printed out from IHSAA.ORG under school forms or are available outside the Henryville Jr. Sr. High School office.
Silver Creek High School
557 Renz Ave., Sellersburg
Principal, Mike Crabtree
July 23 - 9 to 11:30 a.m. or 12:30 to 3 p.m. for grades 11 and 12
July 24 - noon to 3:30 p.m. or 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. for grades 9 and 10
If you choose to send payment by mail, you will not need to attend registration. New students, call for an appointment.
Freshman orientation for all freshmen will be Monday, July 28, 2 to 6 p.m.,, with parent meeting from 2:15 – 3 p.m. and 5:15 – 6 p.m.
West Clark Superintendent Office
601 Renz Ave.
July 30: First Teacher Day
July 31: First Student Day
No special events