The Associated Press
State officials say more than 300 Indiana schools have achieved top four-star honors.
The Department of Education announced Tuesday that 311 schools earned made the list based on test scores from 2012-13. Indiana had 313 Four Star Schools the year before.
The state gives four stars to schools in the top 25th percentile in three categories of the standardized ISTEP tests.
Students enrolled less than 162 days don’t factor into the scores, and schools with fewer than 10 students tested in each subject don’t qualify. Both public and private schools are eligible for the distinction.
AREA FOUR-STAR SCHOOLS
• St. Mary’s of-the-Knobs Catholic School
• St. Paul School
• Our Lady of Providence High School
• Utica Elementary School
• Floyd Central High School
• Greenville Elementary School
• Highland Hills Middle School
• Silver Creek High School
• East Washington Elementary